Popular Tags: [View All]
Dean Ray Johnson

Houston
Texas
msg tools
OH NO! A BEAR!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MM has a few monster packs discounted for their March Madness sale.

Crawlers pack: $11.50 (down from $25)
Grubbers pack: $12 (down from $25)
Muckers pack: $10 (down from $20)
Orcneas, Master of Masters Boss: $12 (down from $25)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Walsh
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
How is this site? Trusted, I imagine? Any $$$ threshold I need to cross for free shipping?

Edit: Oh. $99. Ouch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Bishop
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to clarify for observers, the "down from" prices are MSRP, not their normal prices at MM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ShiftyPowers57 wrote:
How is this site? Trusted, I imagine? Any $$$ threshold I need to cross for free shipping?

Very trusted.

I've bought many a game from them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Laine
United States
Whittier
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ropya wrote:
ShiftyPowers57 wrote:

Very trusted.

Agreed.

And really, $99 free shipping seems kind of standard for OLGS free shipping. CoolStuffInc is $100, ThoughtHammer used to be about $75-100... This isn't Amazon. If I don't have $99 to buy from MM I see if any friends want in and we can easily find enough for everybody to split free shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ShiftyPowers57 wrote:

In think they are the second biggest online game site after coolstuffinc.com, you can definitely trust them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Walsh
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
miesdeldolor9 wrote:
ropya wrote:
ShiftyPowers57 wrote:

Very trusted.

Agreed.

And really, $99 free shipping seems kind of standard for OLGS free shipping. CoolStuffInc is $100, ThoughtHammer used to be about $75-100... This isn't Amazon. If I don't have $99 to buy from MM I see if any friends want in and we can easily find enough for everybody to split free shipping.

Still new to the tabletop scene. Not used to having to pay for shipping in most cases. Only really bought from Amazon. Oops.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ShiftyPowers57 wrote:
miesdeldolor9 wrote:
ropya wrote:
ShiftyPowers57 wrote:

Very trusted.

Agreed.

Still new to the tabletop scene. Not used to having to pay for shipping in most cases. Only really bought from Amazon. Oops.

No worries.

That's when it's great to have a patient mentality for games.

I slowly build up a collection in my cart on cool stuff or MM, when I hit the free shipping I place the order.

But very very rarely will I be in a situation where I need to get it sooner to where I can't wait to build a big enough order to hit free shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Ray Johnson

Houston
Texas
msg tools
OH NO! A BEAR!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've ordered from MM before and had no problems. They're pretty well respected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
dreamshade wrote:
I've ordered from MM before and had no problems. They're pretty well respected.

Yep, on the level of Coolstuffinc, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Foreign shipping also no problems. Very professional and reasonable shipping prices to Asia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Stewart
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
miesdeldolor9 wrote:
$99 free shipping seems kind of standard for OLGS free shipping.

I just wanted to point out that Reapermini.com does free shipping for orders >= $35(US) but even though metal miniatures are heavy (and Bones are light), most figs come in tiny packages, not massively huge game boxes, so I think $100 is quite reasonable. Besides, that's only like a couple of games so it's easy to hit if you are looking for complete games and not just add-ons and/or expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EverywhereGames wrote:
miesdeldolor9 wrote:
$99 free shipping seems kind of standard for OLGS free shipping.

I just wanted to point out that Reapermini.com does free shipping for orders >= $35(US) but even though metal miniatures are heavy (and Bones are light), most figs come in tiny packages, not massively huge game boxes, so I think $100 is quite reasonable. Besides, that's only like a couple of games so it's easy to hit if you are looking for complete games and not just add-ons and/or expansions.

The margin on miniatures you're selling outside of the retail setting (Reaper makes most of the stuff on their site) is also much higher than on board games/miniatures you're selling as a retailer. It's easier to take a hit on shipping when $.60 of every dollar you're making is profit than when it's under $.10 on the dollar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.