Popular Tags: [View All]
Benjamin Goertz
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
NA NA NA NA . . .
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a rules question about how cards like Mogo or Crisis Super-Hero Booster Gold would work in competitive play. Obviously, I understand these cards are supposed to be used with the Crisis Mode of play but since they could theoretically work in competitive I figured I would ask for clarification.

How would defending a foe in Competitive Mode work with these cards? Could I choose to defend a player who could defend themselves to make them not gain the benefit from the defense? Can I defend a player who does not want to be defended due to some other benefit they would get from the Attack hitting them?

Sorry to bring this up if the answer is obvious but I can't remember seeing anything about this in the rulebooks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wise
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You should be able to defend a foe (if you don't want them gaining cards off a FAA, etc).

As for defending a player who can defend themselves, that should come down to a matter of timing; Each player defends in turn order (starting with the next player) then receives the attack (with things like Joker).

With Mogo etc, you may want to do a second round, only consisting of defending for others.

That's how I'd rule it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marvin Ramirez
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember that a foe is the other players but if cards say ANY PLAYER such as Mogo you can pick yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Each player has a chance to use their own Defense card before any outsider can get in the way.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Goertz
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
NA NA NA NA . . .
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, thanks everyone for the info. I figured it may work this way but I just wanted to get something official in case it ever came up in the organized play events I have been putting together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.