Subject: How can you win with megapoints on the Trans Siberian? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roger Brown
United States
Sebastopol
California
flag msg tools
I have played Russian Railroads 3 times. And all three times the games were won by players who never scored on any track higher than gray. I tried all Trans Siberian the first game and almost won. (I think I might have if I hadn't spent the game answering questions and clarifying things for the other players.) And the next 2 games I tried combos with getting some brown and beige mixed with other lines and industry. I seem to be obsessed with the impressive power of the beige and white and want it to work but can they win? If not I would be disappointed.

Enlighten me please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus Knechtskern
Germany
Groebenzell
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have won (and lost) with every type of strategy. It is very important not to loose your focus; otherwise you end with subpar result. I have seen 140+ points scored on the Transsib alone in round 7 of the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. O. Schaefer
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
It's absolutely possible to win with Transsib. Check out the strategy section - you will find advise there.
Plus play at yucata and replay games of strong players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whether you go for any particular strategy or not should be highly dependent on what engineers are in play and what other players are doing (and of course player count). Getting your timing right is also critical to doing well in any strategy. There are a lot of ways to muck up a strategy if you're not careful.

The Trans Siberian strategy is very powerful and scores a ton on the last turn, but it's one of the easier strategies to mess up in my opinion. If you dawdle or get distracted then you're not going to score enough on that last turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Kalenda
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Roguester wrote:
I have played Russian Railroads 3 times.

Took me about 20 games to execute Trans Siberian well. YMMV.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco C
Brazil
Rio De Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Califax wrote:
It's absolutely possible to win with Transsib. Check out the strategy section - you will find advise there.

Is that different from this strategy forum? I'm not sure what you mean.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.