5 Posts

Twilight Struggle» Forums » Rules

Subject: Indo-Pakistani War rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tomot Tomot 2
msg tools
Hi, I have problems with understanding Indo-Pakistani War
Situation when it was played as an event and for example USSR wins .

What happens when (for example) in India:
a) The US has 6 points and the USSR has 0 points - wins USSR
b) The US has 6 points and the USSR has 3 points - wins USSR
c) The US has 6 points and the USSR has 6 points – a draw (this one is most problematic for me)
d) The US has 3 points and the USRR has 6 points – Wins USSR
Thanks for Help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Wachsmuth
msg tools
mb
You seem to have misunderstood completely how the event works.

The player playing it gains 2 Mil ops and rolls exactly 1 dice, then subtracts 1 from the result from each country adjacent to the country controlled by the opponent. If the final result is 4 or more, gain 2 VP and replace all the opponent's influence in the target country with your influence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam H
United Kingdom
Glasgow
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tomot212 wrote:
Hi, I have problems with understanding Indo-Pakistani War
Situation when it was played as an event and for example USSR wins .

What happens when (for example) in India:
a) The US has 6 points and the USSR has 0 points - wins USSR
b) The US has 6 points and the USSR has 3 points - wins USSR
c) The US has 6 points and the USSR has 6 points – a draw (this one is most problematic for me)
d) The US has 3 points and the USRR has 6 points – Wins USSR
Thanks for Help

I think I understand what you're asking. If that is the state in India and USSR rolls high enough to win, what will it look like afterwards:

a) US 0 - 6 USSR
b) US 0 - 9 USSR
c) US 0 - 12 USSR
d) US 0 - 9 USSR

Just take all the US influence points and add them to the Russian influence points.

There can never be a 'draw' in terms of the dice roll outcome. Either the player makes the roll and swaps out his opponent's influence for his, or he doesn't make the roll, in which case nothing happens. Whoever plays the event gets 2 MilOps regardless of outcome.

[edited for more comprehensive answer]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois-Xavier
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a bit confused as I controlled both countries with the USSR and there was no US influence in either, or any neighbouring countries. So I still resolved the event, rolled with no modifier and got 2 MilOps points and there's no change in influence. Is that correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Wachsmuth
msg tools
mb
macfix wrote:
I got a bit confused as I controlled both countries with the USSR and there was no US influence in either, or any neighbouring countries. So I still resolved the event, rolled with no modifier and got 2 MilOps points and there's no change in influence. Is that correct?

Correct. Note that you can still get 2 VPs if you win the war.

Also note the Flower Power event, if the US plays it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.