Dungeon Twister: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ranged Combat and Combat cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Harvey
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
On page 23 of the rules it states in relation to ranged combat "No modifiersmay be applied to this combat value, whether because of a characters special ability, object or floor element"

Does this include the use of combat cards? If so, how does this affect groupcombat with a ranged participent?

Edit: Off topic rules question, but with the telescopic spear, if I attackedan adjecent zone which contained, lets say 1 friendly and two enemies, and I lose the combat, what happens? Spear breaks, while 2 friendlies are wounded?

What if I attack an adjecent zone with 2 enemies, and one friendly with ranged weapon has los, would it be a group combat, and if losing would the only outcome be the spear breaking?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew S.
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tooooon wrote:
On page 23 of the rules it states in relation to ranged combat "No modifiersmay be applied to this combat value, whether because of a characters special ability, object or floor element"

Does this include the use of combat cards? If so, how does this affect groupcombat with a ranged participent?

Edit: Off topic rules question, but with the telescopic spear, if I attackedan adjecent zone which contained, lets say 1 friendly and two enemies, and I lose the combat, what happens? Spear breaks, while 2 friendlies are wounded?

What if I attack an adjecent zone with 2 enemies, and one friendly with ranged weapon has los, would it be a group combat, and if losing would the only outcome be the spear breaking?

The intended meaning for ranged combat is that the base value of the bow (1) substitutes for the strength of the character, and you can't increase it by, for example, having the paladin hold both the bow and the sword. You still play a combat card when using the bow -- combat cards represent tactics or effort, not strength.

If you lose a group combat with the telescopic spear, then yes, the spear breaks (but the holder is not wounded), and the spear-holder's co-combatants are wounded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.