Vincent Darlage
United States
Columbus
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really enjoyed the King of Tokyo: Halloween expansion. It comes with two new Monsters (Boogie Woogie and Pumpkin Jack), Power Up Cards (In case you have the Power Up! expansion), Costume Cards, and another set of Dice!

The two monsters are just monsters, like in the base game, but when played with the Power Up Expansion, they gain their own style of play, which I really like. Their Power Ups are particularly nasty. I liked the Power Up! expansion and was glad this one included cards in case the player owned it. Both monsters also have "gift" evolutions that are given to other monsters, but these gifts are basically tricks, not treats. Boogie Woogie has a lot of evolution cards to either heal or bring energy (although a few attacks are in there, too), while Pumpkin Jack's evolution making him a damage-dealing monstrosity.

The Costume Cards, while a bit cheesy, are a lot of fun, adding quite a bit of strategy to the game, as costumes can be stolen from each other.

I was glad to see the second set of dice, as it limited the amount of passing the dice around. Now we have a set of dice for each side of the table. I thought that was a considerate addition to the expansion.

We had so much fun with the Halloween cards, we play with them almost all the time, only taking them out if we are teaching a new player the basic game. This is a top-notch expansion, very thematic, and adds to the fun of the original - which is all one can really ask of an expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.