United States
Independence
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok... So Im lucky enough to have a game group that meets every Wednesday. Even with Chaddyboy2000 there... its something I look forward to EVERY week. (Chad does provide the genital humor after all)

But dammit! We couldn't get together last night... cause Chadyboy, Skelebone, and Jpact had to get their precious sleep before going to BGG.con!

Now Im starting to sweat and go through withdrawal, while those jerks are gaming it up in Dallas. I hope their happy... Im a mere shell of the man they used to game with... which was pretty empty to begin with.

All kidding aside... I hope everyone is choking on Mt. Dew ~having a great time with the games.
Im going for sure next year!

Enjoy!

:grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick B
United States
Sunnyvale
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's times like these when I'm glad I traded for Ambush. Now anytime I want I can hold a solo "gaming convention" right in my own home! BGG.CON is overrated.

cry

edit: I set up a folding table with registration forms near my front door. This helps complete the "con" experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Wagnon
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Cybertronic: Superior by design.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's OK, man. Just hold steady for 7 days...

Try the following regimens:

1. Try firing up the computer with Medieval Total War 2, Neverwinter Nights 2 or Steel Panthers - and put the TV on and pretend the voices are from your friends! Ignore the voices in your head....

2. Put on your favorite war documentary and play a game from that era against yourself. Talk like the opposing generals. Do a Monty tuanting Rommel while playing Battles for North Africa (BRILLIANT! Send fuel to your tanks, old boy...) Or General Lee telling Meade he is nothing but a darn punk kid during a nice game of 3 Days of Gettysburg... Trash Talk, baby! After observing this behavior, your family and friends will most certainly try to entertain you to prevent further descent into madness.

3. Organize your gaming collection by period and alphabetical order. Create a Database with cross references for scale, game weight, mechanics, rules complexity etc. Or design a script to pull that data from BGG and create a color coded tag for each game to reflect the varying data.

4. Start playing World of Warcraft...you will never need to worry about games or friends again. There will be only ONE GAME, and your friends will all play the ONE GAME to the exclusion of all other games...and all other friends. Your world will fade to black and white unless you are in the world of the ONE GAME, and all other poeple will seem meaningless unless they to are part of the ONE GAME!

I hope these words of wisdom (or something like that) help your withdrawal.

Good Luck Man!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Neff
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm right there with you Ryan.

I've already started pleading with the wife about going next year, so I'm pretty sure that I'll be heading down for the next one.

And breaking out the Lucky Loop and giving it a whirl solo to get a feel for it just didn't cut it like a normal Wed. night would. I think next Wed. might be a double edged sword, as we'll get a chance to game again, but will have to listen to them talk about everything that we missed out on. Whoa is us!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also Geekmail withdrawal commencing. Have you noticed that for the past two or three days, we haven't gotten any automatic update e-mails? (I usually get one or two a day.) I bet that Aldie's not running some processes (or they've got a problem and he can't get to it right now) because he's off doing that BGG Con thing.

Anyway, we'll all have to sit back and wait for the infrequent post to know how things are going down in Dallas. In the mean time, it will be pretty much a ghost town around here, I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Johnson
United States
Independence
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah ha! Burn on all you BGG.con gamers!

I just got to play Life: Pirates of the Carribean: Deadman's Chest edition with my 9 and 10 year old nephews!!!! Then a super ultra awesome sweet game of Slamwich!

Try and find those at our fancy Texas boardgame tournament.

Burn!!!!!

B u r n
B u r n
B u r n
B u r n

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Johnson
United States
Independence
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
spearjr wrote:
There is only one remedy. Get your gaming fix onlone. Join (or start) some games on SBW & Mabiweb. Download the BSW client and the AI versions of RA, Modern Art and San Juan.

*edit*
I've created a game of Hacienda and another of Santiago, for those of us not lucky enough to be at BGG.CON

Hacienda
BGG1 (password: withdrawl)
So you're not at BGG.CON

Santiago
BGG_2 (password: withdrawl)
So you're not at BGG.CON

Thanks Jason!

I'll get in on them if they are still open later tonight. I'll have to download the client and stuff.

Who needs a Con!

crycrycrycry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Champaigne
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Major withdrawal issues here but for different reasons. I have a really great gaming group in Seattle, however I'm temporarily residing in Fort Wayne, IN and have no info as to any groups here. (I have yet to check out game stores because I'm not familiar with the city yet and I hate driving anywhere I don't know where I'm going, that's another issue though )
So my point, yes there is one, is there anybody in this area I can game with? *puppy dog eyes* if it helps here's a list of the games I typically play but am usually up to learn a new one or three
Settlers Cities and Knights
Palazzo
Thurn and Taxis
Ticket to Ride
Vegas Showdown
just to name a few.
I appreciate any info (even if it's to tell me to post this elsewhere on BGG for more feedback)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.