Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Rune Age: Oath and Anvil» Forums » General

Subject: Rune Age + Oath compared to Heroes of Graxia? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Where were you hiding when the storm broke?
Philippines
Manila
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I have (and enjoy) Rune Age and the expansion. A friend recently gave me a copy of Heroes of Graxia, which I haven't gotten around to playing yet (no solo mode). So I thought I'd ask: how do the two games compare?

I used to play M:tG a lot, have never tried Thunderstone, not really interested in Dominion anymore (no theme) and dislike Nightfall (anti-thematic ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonja Reznikov
Canada
North York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We play both of these card games and although Hero's of Graxia does not support solo option we have had very positive experience. We have played
p vs p as well as 4 and 6 player games with {HOG}.

In HOG you start off with 12 cards and then you carefully purchase additional cards to form your deck (similar to RA) however the big difference is at {RA} you do not build up weapons ,equipment or spells instead you just beef up your army, in {HOG} u actually have a Hero Character and you build spells, Allies and Equipment around your hero and it is lots of fun.

{HOG} Is a light version of World of Warcraft Trading Card Game.
which we also play frequently.

Bye
Sonja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Where were you hiding when the storm broke?
Philippines
Manila
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks very much! I haven't gotten my group to try HOG yet, but hopefully someday...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.