Subject: Is Airen Cracken special? FAQ rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Garrison
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the new FAQ, Airen can pass an action and if what he wanted to do isn't possible, instead of the chosen ship having to take a different action, he can choose a different ship to pass an action to.

"If Airen Cracken chooses a friendly ship to perform an action (such as target lock), but that ship cannot perform that action (because the enemy ship is out of range, for example), that ship may choose a different action or Airen Cracken may choose a new friendly ship at Range 1 to perform a free action."

Since they specifically put this note on Airen and nowhere else, does this rule apply to Lando and squad leader etc, or only for Cracken?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a good question. It seems likely that it should apply everywhere. It was also clarified that you can decide not to PtL if your second action is impossible. It would be nice if the FAQ covered that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
United States
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE
California
flag msg tools
badge
WACKY WAVING INFLATABLE ARM FLAILING TUBE MAN!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
He is special... In a "zed" swarm he can pass two actions by shooting a cluster missile...or not just zeds, but any two friendlies nearby

Suck it Vader w/ squad leader!

actually I think Vader is awesome and still my favorite pilot...X1 title makes it all the sweeter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I always figured you didn't 'burn' an action by failing it. If you want to lock on but can't does it use your action? Similarly if you wanted to barrel roll but can't would it burn your action? I could see locking someone into barrel roll even if they can't do exactly what they want as long as they have a valid execution possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are both true. The FAQ is extending this to things that grant actions, but seems to have missed a couple cases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mlvanbie wrote:
Those are both true. The FAQ is extending this to things that grant actions, but seems to have missed a couple cases.

Ahh fair enough, If it looks to be blanket, I'd go with blanket then, and ignore the misses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.