Popular Tags: [View All]
Bitchy Little Boy
Romania
Bucharest
Sector 3
flag msg tools
... or I won't bear with you!
badge
Phil Eklund's games are like a bar of gold from a complete stranger.
mbmbmbmbmb
Given there is very little hidden information and that there is a significant amount of combat interaction, how likely is it for the game to be hijacked by a dominant player?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Aigner
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For a cooperative game where players decide as a team there is very little danger of highjacking because you want the complete team to be strong and the team loses when a single player dies (before the last encounter)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Loisel
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think he meant one player telling the others what to do, not one playing hoarding all the XP / treasure.

That being said, it seems that to play well, you need to keep track of your hand, deck, discard pile, and bury pile, including the niggly details like all the keywords and interactions between the cards. I don't think it is realistic to think that the alpha player will be able to keep track of all of that for all players.

Edit: So I think that alpha player syndrome will be less of a problem with this than with Pandemic or Ghost Stories, for example. I could be wrong, of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What was said above...besides which I don't believe the cards in your hand are public knowledge, although I imagine people could display them if they wish to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.