Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Ticket to Ride» Forums » Variants

Subject: Ticket to Ride Italy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Customized [+] Map:TicketToRide [+] Map:TicketToRide:Italy [+] [View All]
Marco Chiesi
Italy
Giulianova
Teramo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone,
I made a new customized map of Italy for yellowtrain Ticket to Ride greentrain, that is available for download at this url:
http://www.chiesi.net/ttr/ (the page is in italian and english)

It is playable with either US or Europe Rules.

I would be glad to receive some comment... Unfortunately I still haven't played it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Huntington Station
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Fantastic job!

I like that it 'models' the actual railway system.
Nice pics, very clear, great looking cards.
Oooh, nice cards backs!
Great logo, clean design all around.
The cards appear to be well-balanced for the payoffs.
I like that you only allow for 42 trains instead of 45.
At first glance, this seems to be The Italy map to play (I've put together half a dozen of these fan maps).

It looks like too many double routes, maybe? Dunno.

Many routes appear very square and angular - that's life, I guess.
I don't like that the score track only goes to 80.
I'd like to see a single large map in 1 file, instead of 8 files.
I doubt I'll take the time to stitch it back together, sorry.
(at least consider a small version single pic - so I can see the entire thing at once without getting it from your website.)
I like when the tickets list city names in a consistent direction - especially when I'm not an expert on the particular geography (you know, list cities in order: west to east, and north to south).

Nicely done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
On Monday mornings, I'm dedicated to the proposition that All Men are created jerks.
United States
Stratford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks really good. Has anyone tried this out? I'd like to hear some feedback before I try to print it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Hunt
United States
Bellingham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I have played it two-player several times. It's visually very attractive, and plays well. I particularly like the idea that it can be played either with the Europe or USA rules (i.e., with or without tunnels and stations).

It's worth printng out, and you should get it laminated as well.

Walter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
On Monday mornings, I'm dedicated to the proposition that All Men are created jerks.
United States
Stratford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Walter!

Time to fire up the printer! (ok, actually time to go to Staples...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Hayward
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Printed and played it at Baycon 2007, Forgot that you should only have 42 trains but realised towards he end of the game that we had too many. We discarded a few (can't remember how many) but with 5 players we should probably have had no more than 40. Also hadn't twigged that there were long and short routes -oops.

It would be nice to have the number of trains used printed on the map, that way when we change maps we don't forget how many trains to use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.