Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In my profile, right between "GeekList Items" and "Forum Threads," it says:

Journal Entries: 1

The number 1 is not a hyperlink, unlike all the other numbers above and below it. So can anyone tell me what that means? Where is this journal entry? And what does it say in it?

I know "journals" were a part of BoardGameGeek from before my time. I've gathered from various opaque references that journals were the predecessor to the forums in some way, shape, or form. But I've never entirely understood what the journals were, and even more importantly, I don't think I've ever made an entry in one. This is the one part of my profile that has always baffled me, so I'd love an explanation if anyone has one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Schlichting
United States
Elk River
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.popebrain.com
badge
Have you seen me?
mbmbmbmbmb
When forums replaced the journals, all of the journals were copied to the BGGBlog forum, or similar. Maybe you joined and made a journal entry the very day that they were converted, so when you came back, it popped you right into your converted forum entry. Just a theory...

Since they all ended up copied to the forums, I've asked myself why Aldie keeps the old journal messages at all. Then I click somewhere else...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.