Subject: Another add on question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Meeusen

Belmont
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those that have played the game, I'm looking at the Hero package + all in module package. I don't really want to have to spend another $300 on top of that for the "over the top" so I'm looking at trying to get a reasonable amount of add-ons.

1. Which of the additional characters are the best/not worth getting (i.e Spriggan, Trickster, Skald) because each would then be base + journeyman

2. What exactly are the lairs, do they come included or are they all additional add ons like I'm guessing.

3. Tuck Boxes? What...are they?

4. How necessary are additional enemies like the undead/cyclops packages really?

5. Are the item/quest expansions actually adding something worthwhile for that price?

6. Any other mini-bosses/agents that are must haves?

Lots of questions that might have been answered elsewhere already but I appreciate any responses. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris leko
United States
Brooksville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
What's so great about it?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm fond of the spriggan, but not the other two. Others might think differently. Buy I like to play with groot.

Lairs are just 3d plastic models of tokens that come in the box. They look great, but are just fluff. The tokens work just fine for me.

Tuck boxes are boxes for your cards. Easy to make yourself.

The additional enemies aren't necessarily necessary. But if you need to spawn more than you have you might find yourself proxying with something else. Not an issue for me, as I bought an extra core set on clearance from csi.. So I have a billion grubbers.

Item and quest expansions are cool, but not necessary. They add more content to the game, but I would skip them if I didn't have them from the first KS.

I love all the mini bosses, but I'm not adding an extras. Just in for the two sets and the module pack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. I haven't actually played the additional characters, but it is worth noting that the Spriggan and Trickster are KS exclusive (although it has been said that a similar character to the Spriggan may be released).

2. You don't need the physical Lairs. The game provides tiles that do the job. It's nice to have the minis, but not necessary.

3. Tuck boxes are just flashy little cardboard boxes to hold the cards in. Cool, but far from necessary.

4. I'll let someone else address this as I can't remember what is and isn't included in the Kickstarter stretch goals.

5. I'd definitely recommend the Item expansions. It allows the Heroes to keep picking up cool gear. Also, I believe the newer Item Expansions will include higher level gear that we haven't seen yet.

For the Quests, it depends on how you're going to be playing. If you're sticking to Story Modules, then Quests are a nice bonus but not necessary. If you plan on open adventuring at all, then I'd get some (or all) of the Quest Decks.

6. The Agents could be cool with the new Agent specific quests, but otherwise, they're poorly integrated with the game. Here is a thread discussing them: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1226376/agents-thoughts-impr...

It's nice to have some variants in the Mini-bosses. If you can spring for the Kickstarter exclusive ones, then I'd do it. I'd personally pick up the Kickstarter exclusive mini-bosses over the KS exclusive Heroes if I had to choose.

Of the things you're looking at, I'd definitely get the Item Expansions, and definitely get the Quest Expansions if you plan on doing any open adventuring. Next, I'd look at the mini-bosses, and then the KS exclusive Heroes. The Lairs are awesome, but the game will play the same without them. The tuck boxes are the least necessary. The Agents are a bit of a wild card that could be cool, but it depends on the quests (and possible new rules).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Meeusen

Belmont
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.