Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
36 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: Tanga deal is Vegas Showdown for $12.99 + $7 shipping rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: sales [+] tanga [+] [View All]
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Vegas Showdown

www.tanga.com

Too bad I already picked up one from the amazon sale in Sept for $19.99 (w/free ship).

By the way, I think this is the 1st non-Uberplay non-Queen game title? This one's from Avalon Hill.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This game is so highly rated, yet looks so boring. Someone talk me into this.

update: I read some reviews and bought three for $48 shipped (utah tax), or $16.00 apiece shipped.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here. I don't see anyone rushing to say how great it is. I think I will stick with my idea that this is a OK game being pushed by gamers who just wanted to see AH do some new game mechanics- and you can see where it got them!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swood
United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel the same way. The theme doesn't interest me at all... but it's so well liked.

I'm going to pass.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a fairly good game. The player boards are cheapish, but you don't notice once the game gets going. The tiles to place in your casino are decent and thick. It plays a little like Princes of Florence, but easier on the non gamers to digest.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Wang
United States
west covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Damit, I just bought my copy @ FLGS for 11.90.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm grooming some non-gamers who like poker, so I will probably bring this out with them. There are some pretty good reviews of it, although if Tom Vasel isn't effusive about it I get nervous, although http://vaselwatch.com has indicated that he may finally be getting a little jaded, so who knows
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
craniac wrote:

That link doesn't work for me (no such hostname)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Woodard
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a VERY nice game (a fellow gamer once described it to me as "pleasant" and I couldn't agree more).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mrbass
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I got this for $15 from amazon with $5 shipping so yeah $20 is an awesome deal. I really was lukewarm first time I tried it to be honest but we got many of the rules wrong. It's actually a pretty dang good game. I think 4 or 5 is better than just 3 players though. Just replace the cheap 1 gram plastic poker chips with some decent ones and your good to go.

Craniac if you got 3 copies for $16 that is a huge score and great deal.

One rule I remember we played wrong was we could only build blue (restaurant, buffet) in the hotel (blue section) and only build yellow buildings (slots) in the casino (yellow section). Actually you can build them wherever you wish. But to score the 5 bonus points at the end for each hotel and casino the hotel has to be all blue or mixed blue/green. And to score 5 for casino section has to be all yellow or mixed yellow/green. Also not till the very end of my first game did we figure out the 3/4 of a diamond (1 point) and full diamond (3 point).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
craniac wrote:

That link doesn't work for me (no such hostname)


Hee hee!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bailey
United States
Broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
GO ROCKIES!!!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a very good, solid euro that I enjoy very much. At $19.99 anyone who likes euroes should pick one up.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Johnson
United States
Boonville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ixnay66 wrote:
anyone who likes euroes should pick one up.


Euroes? Potatoes? Tomatoes?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbass wrote:
One rule I remember we played wrong was we could only build blue (restaurant, buffet) in the hotel (blue section) and only build yellow buildings (slots) in the casino (yellow section). Actually you can build them wherever you wish. But to score the 5 bonus points at the end for each hotel and casino the hotel has to be all blue or mixed blue/green. And to score 5 for casino section has to be all yellow or mixed yellow/green. Also not till the very end of my first game did we figure out the 3/4 of a diamond (1 point) and full diamond (3 point).


Are you sure about that? I don't have the rules in front of me, but I'm fairly certain that the rules work like this: Blue building can be built whereever, so long as they are connected to the hotel side, yellow can be built anywhere so long as they are connected to the casino side. If at the end, your casino portion is completely filled, you get 5 bonus points and if your hotel section is completely filled you get 5 bonus points.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernie Lai
United States
Forest Hills
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
spearjr wrote:
mrbass wrote:
One rule I remember we played wrong was we could only build blue (restaurant, buffet) in the hotel (blue section) and only build yellow buildings (slots) in the casino (yellow section). Actually you can build them wherever you wish. But to score the 5 bonus points at the end for each hotel and casino the hotel has to be all blue or mixed blue/green. And to score 5 for casino section has to be all yellow or mixed yellow/green. Also not till the very end of my first game did we figure out the 3/4 of a diamond (1 point) and full diamond (3 point).


Are you sure about that? I don't have the rules in front of me, but I'm fairly certain that the rules work like this: Blue building can be built whereever, so long as they are connected to the hotel side, yellow can be built anywhere so long as they are connected to the casino side. If at the end, your casino portion is completely filled, you get 5 bonus points and if your hotel section is completely filled you get 5 bonus points.


you're both somewhat right... blue can be built anywhere as long as it can trace a path to your hotel entrance. yellow can be built anywhere as long as it can trace a path to your casino entrance. green can be built anywhere as long as it can trace a path to either entrance.

at the end of the game if your casino section is completely filled with only yellow or green tiles you get 5 points. ditto for hotel with blue and green.

me and my friends really like this game, i already own it and i already bought one of my friends a copy so i didn't buy it here, but if you have use for more than 1, it's certainly a great deal.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mrbass
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
laiernie wrote:



you're both somewhat right... blue can be built anywhere as long as it can trace a path to your hotel entrance. yellow can be built anywhere as long as it can trace a path to your casino entrance. green can be built anywhere as long as it can trace a path to either entrance.


we played that rule the right way first time...I was just mentioning the part we played wrong.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
laiernie wrote:
you're both somewhat right... blue can be built anywhere as long as it can trace a path to your hotel entrance. yellow can be built anywhere as long as it can trace a path to your casino entrance. green can be built anywhere as long as it can trace a path to either entrance.

at the end of the game if your casino section is completely filled with only yellow or green tiles you get 5 points. ditto for hotel with blue and green.


Well consider me educated. I don't believe this was mentioned to us when we learned the game. And the player aids (included in the game) do not mention this distiction. I'm actually a little suprised by this rule, I can't imagine the situation comes up all that often, that a person would have their casino area filled up, but with some blue tiles (for example). How would allowing this cause a degenerate situation? Seems like a fiddly rule for little benefit.

Regardless, I decided to pick up two copies. One for myself and another for a present eventually.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Chappelear
United States
Kensington
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
The correct term is "Eureaux".
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh.

Tanga appears to be broken this evening.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
craniac wrote:
Tanga appears to be broken this evening.

Was working right after 10pm ET... tonight's tanga deal isn't a game... it's a UPS.

Also for what it's worth, it doesn't look like they sold out of Vegas Showdown, at least a couple minutes before the switchover they weren't sold out.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, that's just weird. In firefox I get an error 500 but it works fine in Safari. Hmm...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
craniac wrote:
Tanga appears to be broken this evening.


Clearing Tanga cookies seems to be the trick of the evening. I had to do that to get Firefox to render the site again.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hancock
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I just hope the slight lack of interest in vegas showdown doesn't discourage tanga from picking up some other AH titles, like perhaps nexus ops.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
hancock.tom wrote:
I just hope the slight lack of interest in vegas showdown doesn't discourage tanga from picking up some other AH titles, like perhaps nexus ops.

For what it's worth, they had Nexus Ops as one of the game bundles for last years National Games Week. $16 including the shipping.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hancock
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Back before I started looking at tanga! Oh well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.