Subject: Questions after the first play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Emmanuel Dario Fernandez Arcidiacono
Argentina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Whenever a card dictates that a player loses population, does this refeer exclusively to unused workers?

If I have a goverment that gives me, say, 6 civil actions, and I replace it with one that gives me 4, right after doing it peacefully do I have 3 or 4 to spend?

Endgame scoring for the full game is like that of the simple game, correct? (2 points per level of each technology played, 2 per point of strenght, etc etc).

Whenever you sacrifice a unit, you send it to the game box, right?

The only cards that can't be played right after picking them up are the action cards, any other are ok, correct?

The urban limit printed on the goverment technologies does not concern military units, farms nor mines, does it?

And lastly (although I think I'm forgetting something ) when you finish the current age deck of civil cards, but there are still some remaining of the given age in the military deck, do you simply discard it all and start playing with the new age?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Monk74 wrote:

Whenever a card dictates that a player loses population, does this refeer exclusively to unused workers?

If I have a goverment that gives me, say, 6 civil actions, and I replace it with one that gives me 4, right after doing it peacefully do I have 3 or 4 to spend?

Endgame scoring for the full game is like that of the simple game, correct? (2 points per level of each technology played, 2 per point of strenght, etc etc).

The only cards that can't be played right after picking them up are the action cards, any other are ok, correct?

The urban limit printed on the goverment technologies does not concern military units, farms nor mines, does it?

And lastly (although I think I'm forgetting something ) when you finish the current age deck of civil cards, but there are still some remaining of the given age in the military deck, do you simply discard it all and start playing with the new age?

No, you might have to lose population assigned to a card if you have insufficient unused workers. Sometimes you might choose to lose population from a card instead of an unused worker!

No, you dont get any of those bonuses. You have age3 events instead.

No, all sacrificed/lost population goes back to your yellow bank.

Right, although wonders never enter your hand.

Correct.

Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Kaplounenko
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
I now have full access to your systems.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

No, the player would have to destroy a building or disband a military unit if they have no unused workers.

Quote:

I asked a very similar question in the forums a while ago. I believe that you can choose to return the already-spent actions so you would have 4. I could be wrong on this, however.

Quote:

Absolutely not. Full and advanced games only use your culture for scoring, though of course event cards can give you culture for meeting certain conditions during and at the end of the game.

Quote:

No, it goes back in your population bank.

Quote:

Yes.

Quote:

Also correct.

Quote:

Yes. Technically they're removed from the game, so they must be discarded face down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Debien
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding going backwards on the civil actions total as a result of changing governments: Practically, it only happens in a transition from Republic to Fundamentalism. In which case, at that time, you lose a (preferably already spent for that round) Civil Action token.

There simply aren't any other transitions in government that make sense where this would happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel Dario Fernandez Arcidiacono
Argentina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Cool, thank you everyone!

Then let me see if I understood correctly the way the event deck works:

In the simple game, you take the A military deck, take out the cards indicated by the rules and then from a certain point (think third turn onwards), you just reveal.

In the advance game you take out no cards when generating the current event deck before starting (4, 5 or 6 cards, depending), and besides that you randomly pick from the III Age military deck 4 bonuses, known to everyone.

In the full game you once again take out nothing from the A military deck and prepare the current event deck the same way, and then you simply play, always revealing an event whenever someone plays a future event on their political phase (an event or a colonize territory; and whenever the last is drawn, the future event deck becomes the current and you start creating a new future one... and so on until the game ends.

Also, what happens when you take from someone a colonized territory (let's say they scored some technology points, or got some resources... plus x number of blue or yellow tokens... do they lose anything besides the cards?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ali Cali
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Monk74 wrote:
In the advance game you take out no cards when generating the current event deck before starting (4, 5 or 6 cards, depending), and besides that you randomly pick from the III Age military deck 4 bonuses, known to everyone.

In the advanced game, you take out wars (black cards).

In the full and advanced game, if there are only two players, you take out pacts (blue cards).

Monk74 wrote:
In the full game you once again take out nothing from the A military deck and prepare the current event deck the same way, and then you simply play, always revealing an event whenever someone plays a future event on their political phase (an event or a colonize territory; and whenever the last is drawn, the future event deck becomes the current and you start creating a new future one... and so on until the game ends.

Correct, except pact cards are removed if two players.

Note that any Age III events not revealed through play do get revealed at the end of the game and the bonus scoring counted. Thus, all Age III future or current events (which are all bonus scoring) will be revealed at some point.

Monk74 wrote:
Also, what happens when you take from someone a colonized territory (let's say they scored some technology points, or got some resources... plus x number of blue or yellow tokens... do they lose anything besides the cards?)

If that aggression card nabs a colony, then the defeated player loses the permanent effect (bottom of card) and the player who wins the aggression gets the permanent effect. This is described on the aggression card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything
mbmbmbmbmb
casualgod wrote:
Regarding going backwards on the civil actions total as a result of changing governments: Practically, it only happens in a transition from Republic to Fundamentalism. In which case, at that time, you lose a (preferably already spent for that round) Civil Action token.

There simply aren't any other transitions in government that make sense where this would happen.

A more common situation is replacing your leader, such as Hammurabi, Caesar, or Robespierre.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Debien
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sfox wrote:
casualgod wrote:

A more common situation is replacing your leader, such as Hammurabi, Caesar, or Robespierre.

Quite right. And this is why I shouldn't respond to rules questions at 2 AM after 10 hours of gaming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.