Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris
United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have a scan of the 1st edition counters (or a list of the breakdown)?

I have a 1st edition set; and I'd like to ensure it's correct (I tried matching it up against the 2nd edition, but there seems to be a decent amount of differences -- enough that I can't be certain I have everything.

Thanks so much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Smales
United States
Rome
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Colonel Peter Gansevoort (1749 – 1812) Defender of Ft. Stanwix, Rome, N.Y., 1777
mbmbmbmbmb
This is actually the 1st edition, published in '98 by Avalon Hill:

It was printed by GMT in 2000, 2006 and now the
2014 printing which includes a color rule book.

I'm sure someone could post pictures of all the un-punched
counter sheets for a comparison.

Love this gamecool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rhand wrote:

Love this gamecool

I'm sorry - you're right ...

I have both; but I'm keeping the 2nd edition (the *first* printing by GMT).

That's the counter sheet / list I'm looking to see ...

Thanks for reminding me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lemur wrote:
Rhand wrote:

Love this gamecool

I'm sorry - you're right ...

I have both; but I'm keeping the 2nd edition (the *first* printing by GMT).

That's the counter sheet / list I'm looking to see ...

Thanks for reminding me!

I am unclear on which edition we are talking about? What is the copyright date on the box we are talking about.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Mark,

Thanks -- the front of the rulebook says 2000

This is the first version and the first printing published by GMT (I believe)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lemur wrote:
Hi Mark,

I just went through all of my copies and the only one that I do not have at my current location is the 2000 version. I have a copy somewhere else that I will not be near until May and that copy is punched.

What do you think you are missing?

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MarkHerman wrote:
Lemur wrote:
Hi Mark,

I just went through all of my copies and the only one that I do not have at my current location is the 2000 version. I have a copy somewhere else that I will not be near until May and that copy is punched.

Mark

I started going through it and comparing it to other sheets here (and I thought I was missing a brown counter); but then, when I started seeing differences between what I have and what's here, I realized I was looking at the wrong set (same thing happened with Twilight Struggle -- here I know I'm missing one counter; but I have no idea what it is, because I have counters that aren't included in the 2nd printing).

I've also sent an email to Andy Lewis - hoping he might be able to help (with both games, in fact); but I haven't heard back -- I'd imagine there's a digital archive with GMT (although, maybe that's just a pipe dream?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lemur wrote:
MarkHerman wrote:
Lemur wrote:
Hi Mark,

Mark

I started going through it and comparing it to other sheets here (and I thought I was missing a brown counter); but then, when I started seeing differences between what I have and what's here, I realized I was looking at the wrong set (same thing happened with Twilight Struggle -- here I know I'm missing one counter; but I have no idea what it is, because I have counters that aren't included in the 2nd printing).

I've also sent an email to Andy Lewis - hoping he might be able to help (with both games, in fact); but I haven't heard back -- I'd imagine there's a digital archive with GMT (although, maybe that's just a pipe dream?)

If you have all of the generals and markers then if you are missing one or even a couple of SP markers and control markers its not biggie, you never run out of them anyway.

If you get a scan of the 2006 or the current 2015 reprint, the number of SPs is the same as the 2000 edition. We took out control markers, of which their was a surplus, to put in the various c3i variant and extra markers.

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MarkHerman wrote:
Lemur wrote:
MarkHerman wrote:
Lemur wrote:
Hi Mark,

Mark

If you have all of the generals and markers then if you are missing one or even a couple of SP markers and control markers its not biggie, you never run out of them anyway.

If you get a scan of the 2006 or the current 2015 reprint, the number of SPs is the same as the 2000 edition. We took out control markers, of which their was a surplus, to put in the various c3i variant and extra markers.

Mark

I'm not worried about play-ability. I'm in the process of going through *all* my games (nearly 2000) and checking for completion and also, determining which I'm going to keep, sell, upgrade, etc. So, my concern is more from the perspective of "is it complete, so I can list it as such if I decide to sell it."

With this game, it's a close decision, because I can probably ell the AH and GMT edition and make enough to buy a new GMT edition (but, that all depends on whether the game is complete).

I'm so surprised there's no counterscan up here for that edition -- heck, I found a counterscan for Metagaming's Trojan War -- I think 11 copies were printed in total (I kid, I kid) ....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lemur wrote:
MarkHerman wrote:
Lemur wrote:
MarkHerman wrote:
Lemur wrote:
Hi Mark,

Mark

Mark

I'm not worried about play-ability. I'm in the process of going through *all* my games (nearly 2000) and checking for completion and also, determining which I'm going to keep, sell, upgrade, etc. So, my concern is more from the perspective of "is it complete, so I can list it as such if I decide to sell it."

With this game, it's a close decision, because I can probably ell the AH and GMT edition and make enough to buy a new GMT edition (but, that all depends on whether the game is complete).

I'm so surprised there's no counterscan up here for that edition -- heck, I found a counterscan for Metagaming's Trojan War -- I think 11 copies were printed in total (I kid, I kid) ....

It takes a village and unfortunately no one took the time to scan and post the scan. The one thing you can do is count how many pieces you have. It was a standard counter sheet. With no blanks that I recall.

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MarkHerman wrote:
Lemur wrote:
MarkHerman wrote:
Lemur wrote:
MarkHerman wrote:
Lemur wrote:
Hi Mark,

Mark

Mark

It takes a village and unfortunately no one took the time to scan and post the scan. The one thing you can do is count how many pieces you have. It was a standard counter sheet. With no blanks that I recall.

Mark

Next time you may want to consider looking in the image folder for this game. Here is the 2000 counter scan.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/29164/people

Even as I posted my last response I wondered why someone on BGG hadn't done it as they post pictures of eveything about a game. This scan is from 2003, so it cannot be the 2006 edition and it is definitely not the AH version.

I hope this is what you were looking for, also note that there is a second sheet of control markers.

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MarkHerman wrote:
MarkHerman wrote:
Lemur wrote:
MarkHerman wrote:
Lemur wrote:
MarkHerman wrote:
Lemur wrote:
Hi Mark,

Mark

Mark

Mark

Next time you may want to consider looking in the image folder for this game. Here is the 2000 counter scan.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/29164/people

Even as I posted my last response I wondered why someone on BGG hadn't done it as they post pictures of eveything about a game. This scan is from 2003, so it cannot be the 2006 edition and it is definitely not the AH version.

I hope this is what you were looking for, also note that there is a second sheet of control markers.

Mark

Thanks Mark,

I actually did go through the image files -- I see what the issue is though -- I only selected "components" (since there's so many pages of images) -- I didn't realize that some images (like this one, I believe) haven't been assigned a category ....

In any event, thank you very much. Looks like I'm only missing one brown counter. I have 140 PC markers (and, based on that image, where there's 14 rows of 10 counters each, I'm inclined to assume I have all the PC markers).

Thank you again!

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.