Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Wolf
United States
Glassboro
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have the Knights Shield when do you activate its ability.. After ATTACK dice are rolled or after DEFENSE dice are rolled.

I believe it should be declared before rolling DEFENSE dice but my opponent disagrees.

Knights Shield says "exhaust this hero to force attacker to reroll attack dice"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Knight's Shield ability should be activated after the Defense is rolled, but before Wounds are applied.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Wolf
United States
Glassboro
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds quite powerful for a 1 gold piece item to me.. but at that point the defense roll would stand either way they I assume?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam K
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a permanent, so you can activate it pretty much whenever you want.

However, in this specific case, once the wounds are taken it's too late to re-roll that specific attack. Also, that is correct, you do not get to re-roll defense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe fife
United States
charlton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Caamora wrote:
If you have the Knights Shield when do you activate its ability.. After ATTACK dice are rolled or after DEFENSE dice are rolled.

Attack and defense dice are suppose to be rolled simultaneously.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gigi P
Italy
flag msg tools
Does anyone know HOW the attacker is supposed to re-roll his attack, when the defender use the knight' shield ability?

I mean: does he have just to re-roll every single dice OR can he perform his whole attack as a new one?

Because I'm wondering: can the attacker use once again all his rerolls and other special effects or not?

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jaadre wrote:
Does anyone know HOW the attacker is supposed to re-roll his attack, when the defender use the knight' shield ability?

I mean: does he have just to re-roll every single dice OR can he perform his whole attack as a new one?

Because I'm wondering: can the attacker use once again all his rerolls and other special effects or not?

Thank you!

I would logic it like this: You get your re-roll pool everytime you perform an attack or roll defense. So, if you are forced by Knight's Shield to re-roll your attack, your re-roll pool would be available to you again since, for you, it's a new attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gigi P
Italy
flag msg tools
Carcking wrote:
I would logic it like this: You get your re-roll pool everytime you perform an attack or roll defense. So, if you are forced by Knight's Shield to re-roll your attack, your re-roll pool would be available to you again since, for you, it's a new attack.

So would I!
But the point is that the Knights Shield says "exhaust this hero to force attacker to reroll attack dice", not "[...] to perform once again his attack"...
Don't you notice a certain difference?
Maybe I'm just making trouble out of nothing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it's as if the attacker had not rolled his attack yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Piol Bausch
Germany
flag msg tools
Hey i have something to add to this, please forgive my german grammar.

I don't think the following was made perfectly clear. In the Rulebook it is stated that an Attack consists of throwing attack dice and defense dice. In that regard the defense belongs to the attack. So as I understand it, you may activate the shield just after throwing defense dice - before applying any wounds. And if you dislike the amount of wounds you would receive, then you may use the Knight's shield. This forces the attacker to re-roll his attackdice including rerolls, which was already made clear but you must roll your defense again, too, right? Even if you don't want to.

I have to add another question concerning nova bolt and cleave attacks on characters who use knight's shield. I have learned from somewhere (Rulebook or FAQ), that generally only one attack is rolled - regardless of the number of targets of the attack. This leads to the following Question: Is the again-rolling of the attack exclusive for the owner of the shield or must be applied to all targets of the attack (including everyones defense rolls), which i am currently assuming? E.G. in the way i'd play, a character who is the secondary target of noca bolt, may use knight's shield to successfully remove all crits from the original attack, hence avoiding the attack completely, unless it goes critical again and he gets chosen as secondary target again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Furbaa wrote:
Hey i have something to add to this, please forgive my german grammar.

I don't think the following was made perfectly clear. In the Rulebook it is stated that an Attack consists of throwing attack dice and defense dice. In that regard the defense belongs to the attack. So as I understand it, you may activate the shield just after throwing defense dice - before applying any wounds. And if you dislike the amount of wounds you would receive, then you may use the Knight's shield. This forces the attacker to re-roll his attackdice including rerolls, which was already made clear but you must roll your defense again, too, right? Even if you don't want to.

I have to add another question concerning nova bolt and cleave attacks on characters who use knight's shield. I have learned from somewhere (Rulebook or FAQ), that generally only one attack is rolled - regardless of the number of targets of the attack. This leads to the following Question: Is the again-rolling of the attack exclusive for the owner of the shield or must be applied to all targets of the attack (including everyones defense rolls), which i am currently assuming? E.G. in the way i'd play, a character who is the secondary target of noca bolt, may use knight's shield to successfully remove all crits from the original attack, hence avoiding the attack completely, unless it goes critical again and he gets chosen as secondary target again.

I would agree with all of what you said.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.