Subject: Need Help Please! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Thomas
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
I know this isn't the proper place to post this but I know this is the most easily seen so I'm taking a chance.
First, let me say that my friends and I have just finished a 2 day stint of playing Warrior Knights and enjoyed the game quite a bit. We are always critical of new games however and decided that while the game was good it could be better.
I went on-line to find alternate rules and discovered that this is the game's 2nd incarnation of which I was unaware.After finding this site I looked at the rules from the original and found that there were several things about it that sounded intriguing and perhaps better than the existing rules for the recent.
gulpThis is where I need HELP! Although the rules for the 1985 version were available none of the card explainations were to be found. My group would like to mesh the two games into one Ubergame but really need access to the info on what each of the cards in the original did/do to do so. I cannot find this anywhere. Have even looked on Ebay willing to buy the game to get the info but have had no luck. Anyone that can post the cards by type and function would be doing me a large favor. Hope there are some kindly souls out there that might do this or at least inform me of where I can find this info. ThanX in advance!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Carver
United Kingdom
Cobham
Surrey, UK
flag msg tools
designer
Hi Chris. I'm the inventor of the original and have just spotted your posting. The new version is a totally different one - although based on the original - and whereas the original typified UK gaming of the 1980s the new one typifies American gaming of the present time. And they are totally different in their approach, even though the basic theme is the same.

As you say, getting hold of a copy of the original is probably your best approach. This isn't so difficult if you go to UK e-bay (eBay.co.uk). It is very rare for there not to be a copy for sale and the prices are not alarming (especially as you only want it for information - the Fantasy Flight components being far superior - so you could accept a 'worn' copy).

Good luck

- Derek

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Thomas
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for your time Derek. I have been away from the site for several months so only just read your reply to my question. I will try and find it as you suggested and perhaps play it as is rather than reworking the rules between the two. Thanks for your reply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.