Dragonchess» Forums » Variants

Subject: Dragon Chess Set rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Marckaw
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
I've noticed that a lot of people are listed as owning a Dragon Chess Set, and was wondering if anyone could give me tips on where to acquire one. I've been trying to find miniatures (both from heroscape and DnD) that would work, but either it is hard to find ones that look quite right (heroscape) or that are close to the same size (DnD). Another issue I'm having is finding a boad. I could make my own using some plexiglass sheets, but it would be significantly easier if it were possible to find acrylic (or glass) boards that I could stack, though I would still need to find some method of stacking them. (I would rather stack them than try to find room for three boards in the limited space I have available).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zac Dortch
United States
Lubbock
Texas
flag msg tools
If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Build Your Own Dragon Chess Set...
...I'm currently composing an illustrated set of instructions for how to 'build your own' DragonChess board identical to the one pictured here:

If the 'HeroScape' themed variant doesn't appeal to you (or you don't own the figures), there are TONS of MageKnight figures that would work very well for a more traditional 'DragonChess' board, and be much cheaper to acquire. In any case, as soon as I have finished the board assembly instructions, I'll upload a copy here at BGG for download, but it probably won't be until Jan-Feb of 2007, at the earliest...

^_^
-LordRaidor-
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Estes
United States
La Vergne
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's an impressive-looking set, LordRaidor. Have you put it to the test, or is it just for show?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jhonna Niver
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you managed to finish you Dragon Chess set? The board seems to be the hardest to come up with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Derksen
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LordRaidor wrote:
...I'm currently composing an illustrated set of instructions for how to 'build your own' DragonChess board identical to the one pictured here:

If the 'HeroScape' themed variant doesn't appeal to you (or you don't own the figures), there are TONS of MageKnight figures that would work very well for a more traditional 'DragonChess' board, and be much cheaper to acquire. In any case, as soon as I have finished the board assembly instructions, I'll upload a copy here at BGG for download, but it probably won't be until Jan-Feb of 2007, at the earliest...

^_^
-LordRaidor-

Did you ever upload your instructions?

David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.