Popular Tags: [View All]
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Just got my C3i magazine in the mail today from GMT Games. Last few pages have 3 brand new scenarios. All deal with land battles of the First Punic War. The three scenarios include Agrigentum - 262 BC (gray scale); Adys - 256 BC (full color) and Panormus - 250 BC (also full color). The introductory article gives more details about the scale of the game, what historic unit each of the playing pieces represent and the recorded losses of the battle.

These scenarios were designed by Dan Fournie. The first two scenarios are redesigned from his scenarios in issue 16 for SPQR. The third is a brand new scenario. All are approved by Richard Borg.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious-- you say the "last few pages" are the scenarios-- so these are bound-in to the magazine and not some sort of insert?

(I was hoping for an insert).

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe F.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
that is correct, they are inbound and not inserts. You will have to cut up the magazine if you want them loose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are they color or B&W?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Christopher
United States
Salem
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
In the wonderful game, Bonaparte at Marengo, this is how to get nasty Frenchies out of a village.
mbmbmbmbmb
Nordiska wrote:
that is correct, they are inbound and not inserts. You will have to cut up the magazine if you want them loose.

Or one could just make copies of them, instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henri Harju
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BrianMola wrote:
Just got my C3i magazine in the mail today from GMT Games. Last few pages have 3 brand new scenarios. All deal with land battles of the First Punic War. The three scenarios include Agrigentum - 262 BC (gray scale); Adys - 256 BC (full color) and Panormus - 250 BC (also full color). The introductory article gives more details about the scale of the game, what historic unit each of the playing pieces represent and the recorded losses of the battle.

@Kevin

Hopefully this answers your question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett Hammacher
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I particularly liked the historic detail about the forces in these scenarios - approximate number and type of troops in the units. Any chance - GMT? - of getting this detail for other existing or future published battles?

As an aside, I note the detail for the Battle of Adys refers to Balearic slingers in the Carthaginian army, yet I see none on their setup graphic ??

Everett

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Doum
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kduke wrote:
Are they color or B&W?

Two are in color, one is B/W.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Wehrenberg
United States
Unspecified
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What's C3i magazine?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chairman7w wrote:
What's C3i magazine?

It's GMT's magazine devoted to their games (articles, strategies, scenarios, etc). Do a google for C3i GMT or check out GMTgames.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Note for Everett-- Reading about slingers who don't show up in the game might be a historical tidbit or might be a glitch.

CsW is probably the place to ask.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Lloyd
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
badge
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anybody know if these are the same scenarios that are in the scenario book in the files here?

Peace

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel (working on TENNISmind...)
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My best-rated game: TETRARCHIA, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
No, these scenarios have only appeared in C3i #18...

BTW, for those not having this Issue, will they be available soon?
Not that I've already played all the scenarios I have, but just curious to see them...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.