Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Rowe
United Kingdom
Minsterley
Shropshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
A terrific games and great expansions. Only trouble is, the cards don't fit in the tin? Is there are 'Star Realms' tin to put them in available?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Polenzani
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
no tin, but they do make a 400ct box that holds them all. And it even comes with 220 printed star realms sleeves which are more than enough to sleeve everything including all 4 crisis packs and the gambit pack. Not to mention it comes with 3 promo cards that are AWESOME!

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/205950

enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Barrett
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Does anyone know the difference in the amount of cards the current box can hold and the new box coming out this summer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Polenzani
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That new one looks like a standard UltraPro Dual Deck box which holds 180 cards sleeved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Barrett
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Rapscallion_69 wrote:
That new one looks like a standard UltraPro Dual Deck box which holds 180 cards sleeved.

Not Ultrapro, Legion Supplies same makers of the cardboard storage box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Polenzani
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
but size wise I would wager it is similar in capacity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Barrett
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Rapscallion_69 wrote:
but size wise I would wager it is similar in capacity.

I don't know, they don't have any similar product on their website and there aren't any pictures with cards to show the scale of the box. It Is probably a smaller box than what is currently available looking at the price and it sounds like the current box is a bit small.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Polenzani
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I own several of the UltraPro Dual boxes and that is exactly what they look like. Right down to the diagonal lip down the side of the box and the Velcro attached lid.

Either way I'd still recommend the 400ct box as it comes with sleeves and the promo cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Wood
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Helljin wrote:
Does anyone know the difference in the amount of cards the current box can hold and the new box coming out this summer?

Miniature Market's description lists it as a 'double deck box'. According to the same website, all of Legion's regular deck boxes hold 100 sleeved cards, so I'd imagine an estimation of 180-200 sleeved cards would be accurate. You could always try asking over on their Facebook page.

Also, if memory serves, the double deck box will also contain 1 of the promo cards (Mercenary Garrison, the same one that you receive 3 copies of with the larger box).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Smith
msg tools
I just found these containers for my card games, and it's working out really nicely!

These are actually 5"x7" photo cases I bought at The Container Store. The whole set of 6 cases and the big storage box costs $14: http://www.containerstore.com/shop?productId=11000325&N=&Ntt...

Each of the small, portable cases hold about 200 sleeved cards. The cool thing is, 6 of the small cases fit inside one big case, so they are super convenient to store at home and to take out just the sets of a game you need for game night. Right now, I have all the base cards for Star Realms in one of these, and the Crisis/Promo cards are all in a second one (though only using about 25% of it).

This will probably be more useful after future base sets and expansions hit. But it's still perfect for similar games like Dominion, which I only need to bring some base cards in one case, and a handful of different Kingdom Cards in a second case.

The cards fit nice and snugly together in here, but I do need to use some rubber bands to prevent the cards from swimming around in there. But the bands are all nice and loose, so they don't crimp the card edges or the sleeves themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.