Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game started out very slowly for me. I played a table and a couple of sales, but all I had left in my hand after the first two turns was a Carrier - which is one of the less useful cards. Each turn I would draw goods (sometimes needing two draws to get one), buy or sell, then take a gold for my unused actions. I would never draw any utilities. Meanwhile, my opponent had 2 utilities out already. Carrier allows you to draw 2 cards or gain 2 wares, and lets your opponent do the other. Eventually my opponent ended her turn with full tables so I played the Carrier when she had no space for her "free" wares.

I finally drew a utility, which let me draw 2 cards and keep one (giving the other to my opponent). With nothing else to do most turns, I used it - and got lucky each time giving my opponent three merchants. The merchants trigger auctions - so they do not really help the person playing them. Another time, I drew a rainmaker and a ware card. I already had one rainmaker in my hand. I gave the rainmaker to my opponent and used the ware card to buy. She used the rainmaker to claim it, and on her next turn I used my rainmaker to claim it back and sell the wares I had just bought.

Later on I used a drummer to get a well and also put down a mask of transformation. That made card acquisition much easier for the last third of the game.

Near the end game, my opponent went over 60 first so I had the last turn. I had 8 wares down and 2 ware cards in my hand, one of which was a 6-ware card. I drew and was able to buy the sixth ware type so I could use the 6-ware card to sell. I bought the rings, then sold the 6 ware card, which put my final score over 70 to win by 10.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.