Jonathan F
United States
Corpus Christi
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought you could only us WWST to randomly discard a character card from FP's hand. In the annotated game provided of Uthoroc vs Goodgulf, Goodgulf uses it when Legolas dies in MOrdor to discard Mithril Coat & Sting off the table where it had been played already.

Is that correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Poulter
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it can do that. Something I keep forgetting...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not have the card at hand right now, but I am pretty sure that most of these cards text (german edition) says "discard one active (in play) character card of the FP or one in hand".

So yes, I think you can do so. Did you check the card text?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf B
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
When “Worn with Sorrow and Toil” is in play, if a Companion in the Fellowship is taken as a casualty you may also discard one of the Free Peoples player’s Character Event cards from his hand (choosing it randomly) or from the table.

The key thing here is it must be a Character card on the table. An opponent once removed A Power Too Great with WWSAT and I didn't catch it until writing a session report days later

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan F
United States
Corpus Christi
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rafamir wrote:
Quote:
When “Worn with Sorrow and Toil” is in play, if a Companion in the Fellowship is taken as a casualty you may also discard one of the Free Peoples player’s Character Event cards from his hand (choosing it randomly) or from the table.

The key thing here is it must be a Character card on the table. An opponent once removed A Power Too Great with WWSAT and I didn't catch it until writing a session report days later :)

good point...i want to pull the card out and look but its packed up for travelling to see friends and play!

Thanks for the responses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
victor pla
Spain
la senia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If there is a character card in the table, who chosees which card to discard (hand or table), the free peoples player or the shadow player?
Thx in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf B
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

YOU refers to the owner of WWSAT, so the Shadow player chooses whether to discard a Character card from the FP hand or from the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.