Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
lorenzo pettinari
Italy
Fermo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I played Mage Knight, but I found rules too complicated for us. We play mostly in 2, can you recommend me some games like Mage Knight? I like the theme of an adventure in fantasy world , variable power, and maybe a modular board too. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Held
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
This shark, swallow you whole.
badge
I'll catch this bird for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish.
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck. I've been trying to find a game that satisfies my Mage Knight itch for years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Mueller
Germany
Schwerte
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Return of the Heroes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Raciborski
United States
Newport News
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mage Wars Academy When it goes out?

http://forum.arcanewonders.com/index.php?topic=14337.0

http://www.dicetowernews.com/academy-or-arena-mage-wars-arca...

Summoner Wars?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
Runebound (Second Edition) is a lighter fantasy game with characters who have variable powers (which can be upgraded). Unfortunately, it doesn't have a modular board (but there are plenty of cards between the base game and expansions to keep things interesting). It might be expensive to get your hands on a copy, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It won't be out til September or so, but Mistfall is currently in its final days on Kickstarter. Its not the same, but it does have a number of similarities...however it's pretty much about combat, so if you want other types of adventures, you'd need to look elsewhere...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
charlie reif
United States
Glendale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Runebound (Second Edition) is great...but out of print. you can find peeps selling them on BGG. Has a lot of small expansions and 4 large expansions. This can get expensive if you end up liking it...I know.

Prophecy is lighter than Mage Knight and was recently reprinted. you are moving around a map trying to gather artifacts to fight a demon. Also has an expansion.

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition) - for more than 2 - but a great game.

a little different - but maybe in the same realm as far as fantasy setting and rpg-ish...

DungeonQuest (third edition)
Talisman (Revised 4th Edition)
Legends of Andor
Mice and Mystics

and one that I do not like...but you may -

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords – Base Set
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Adams
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Assault on Doomrock

Great game that sounds like it has everything you're looking for with a lighter rule set. It's getting an expansion soon also that will add to its awesomeness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper Lauest
Denmark
Helsinge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lollixo wrote:
Hi, I played Mage Knight, but I found rules too complicated for us. We play mostly in 2, can you recommend me some games like Mage Knight? I like the theme of an adventure in fantasy world , variable power, and maybe a modular board too. Thanks!

Honestly, I would recommend that you take the time to learn the rules as Mage Knight is a one-in-a-million game. Watch Ricky Royals playthrough video of it. That helps a lot! Also don't worry too much about rules mistakes. We have all made them and they rarely detract much from this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lorenzo pettinari
Italy
Fermo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks you very much! You gave me some great recommendations. I'm going to search info about these games, hoping one fits well our needs!

If not, I'll keep playing Mage Knight

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.