Subject: Rules question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gene Lin
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
When resolving party locations and determining best director, do you count the chips which are underneath other chips, or do only the chips showing on top count?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cardarelli
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You only count the counters on top.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the same question and it is truly not clear. The rules very specifically state that you can place actors atop other actors until the screenplay is complete. (I guess this is like keeping Lohan under contract even though she's been replaced by Kate Bosworth who will actually show up to work--the former is still in your "stable," but not appearing in the film.)

So, at parties, you still have both starlets under contract, so you make them do their public appearance to give you more star power.

So, the way I read it is that the covered up stars still count when you're at a party. It makes sense to me and that's the way the rules are written.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kane Klenko
United States
Ridgeway
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless something has changed with the reprint, you don't count covered up tokens for anything. In fact, you could just discard them instead of covering them up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Keck
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Randy Cox wrote:
I have the same question and it is truly not clear. The rules very specifically state that you can place actors atop other actors until the screenplay is complete. (I guess this is like keeping Lohan under contract even though she's been replaced by Kate Bosworth who will actually show up to work--the former is still in your "stable," but not appearing in the film.)

So, at parties, you still have both starlets under contract, so you make them do their public appearance to give you more star power.

So, the way I read it is that the covered up stars still count when you're at a party. It makes sense to me and that's the way the rules are written.

While I agree that there is some ambiguity, I'm leaning towards not counting. Here are the semi-relevant bits mentioned in the rules:

"Only the top-most production chip contributes to the value of a film."
"If more than one production chip has been placed onto a position, only the top-most one is counted."

While both of the these statements are referring specifically to the value of a film, and not counting red tokens, it seems to me that a trend has been set of not counting covered up tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Tyler
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The question has come up previously and here is most "official" answer here on BGG:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/36201

Chris Lawson, someone who playtests for and communicates frequently with Reiner Knizia, says that Reiner intended for the covered red tiles *NOT* to count towards your red tile total. Sadly, Uberplay missed out on a chance to clarify this in their newly published rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.