Subject: GT5 Tactical Surprise Scenario slightly modified rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Stueber
United States
Vernon Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
I am the Sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf.
badge
BRAINS????
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Turn 4: Storm Weather

“You are correct Sir, the storm front helped out the DPRK forces more than the Allies. Our Electronic Detection assets were only able to detect the KDG HQ. Our Special Operation units have taken a real beating. We lost another group going after DPRK detection assets. That leaves us with one Marine Force Recon group and one group of British SAS troops.

"The storm helped us a bit in the air battles. We sent up seven air wings and the DPRK/PRC side sent up eight. A PRC J-20 was destroyed, a J-10 and J-11 were both damaged and a Su-27, J-10, and J-11 were forced to abort. We had a F-16D damaged and a F-15C and F-16D aborted. We still are contesting the air but the Chinese have moved additional air assets into the North Korea” says Jack.

“We need to start hitting their airbases to try to reduce some of those reinforcements” says the General.

“We will start looking at it General but all of the North’s airbases are hardened targets and are difficult to damage without a major effort at each airbase.

“We were able to eliminate about 50% of the North’s special operations units during the last half week. Two of their units did some minor damage to Osan and Gunsan Airbases.

“The North destroyed Wonju Airbase with a SCUD missile attack. Chinese Su-30 fighter bombers attacked the CAP HQ but missed. We launched our last three cruise missile packages causing major damage to the Chinese beachhead but we missed DPRK radar sites. We sent in our B-1B’s, B-52’s, and B-2A bombers to strike the 815 mech corps in 3219. Due to weather we only caused light damage to three of their brigades. Our B-1B strike was aborted by SAM fire.

“The 2nd Infantry Division along with units from the 11MEU, CAP and CDC Corps destroyed the Chinese beachhead southwest of Seoul but the 2/3 Marine Battalion was lost. Those same units then attacked the PRC 43rd ABD in Anyang but were stopped by the staunch defenses of the Chinese troops.

“The North Koreans reacted to this by conducting five major attacks along the entire front. The DPRK III Corps traded blows with the 17/CAP Infantry Division in Goyang. In Namynangju the DPRK XII, VII and 815 Corps forced the 8/V and 1/V armor brigade out of the city under fire. The PYG Corps destroyed the 20/VII Mechanized Division in 3321. That loss hurt the defense of the river line. Near the east coast by 4419 the 806, VII and light infantry units from the V Corps destroyed the reduced 22/VIII division. The light infantry was destroyed. Finally the VII, I, and 806 Corps attacked the 23/VIII division in 4618 with each side taking a loss.

“The remnants of the PRC 43rd ABD were out of supply and the III HQ was cut off by the advance of the DPRK VII Corps. We tried to get some supply through to the defending headquarters troops but the supply helicopters were aborted.

“At the end of the week we withdrew our forces from the suburbs of Seoul per your orders Sir. We now have every hex of Seoul defended by a full strength infantry division. We also conducted a withdrawal in the east but could not withdraw an infantry division from the III Corps completely. The 82ABD is fully committed to the defenses in the east.

“DPRK forces moved into the cities of Goyang, Guri, and Hanam while the VII Corps supported by light infantry is moving against the 82ABD. The PYG Corps assaulted across the river line at 3322 against the defensing 1/3Marine and 72M/3A mechanized division. The attack was stopped but the Marines were destroyed. The 3/82 brigade and III HQ in hex 4319 were forced to retreat with serious losses after being attacked by the DPRK VII corps. In hex 4619 the DPRK I, 806, and light infantry units destroyed the 2/III infantry division.

“In closing, DPRK forces were able to clear all four of the cities they moved into during the last three days. Our defenses on along the east coast road have fractured while the defenders just to the east of Seoul have taken some losses and are in desperate need of reinforcements. We predict there will be a slight slowdown I operations during the next three days due to the losses inflicted to both sides (turn 6 will be contested)” finished Jack.

“Alright, we need to pull back the troops in the center and east to the best defensible terrain and pray for some good weather” replies the General.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonnie H
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks again for the continued adventures. These fall in the "Must Read" category of session write ups.

How long does a turn take when you are playing solo.....that would be, how long would a turn take if you weren't slowing down to document things needed for the write-up.

Jia You, as they say here is China...."add oil"....I guess to the fire....meant as encouragement in sporting events and such.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Stueber
United States
Vernon Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
I am the Sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf.
badge
BRAINS????
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the praise!

It would probably take me 40 minutes or so per turn if I wasn't writing everything down throughout. It is taking close to three hours now. That includes me staring at the map and trying not to make any idiotic mistakes while playing. Plus the typing takes up a good half an hour or so.

In this game air power is important. Since the Allies don't have any type of superiority yet they are being beaten in the ground war. The question now is how long they can hold on.

Dan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.