Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Simone [The Quasi Geek Dad]
United States
Redmond
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you get the full experience of this game as a 2 player game? My wife and I would like to get this game but more than likely it will just be the two of us playing. I would love to hear some opinions about the 2 player viability of this game. Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cards that strip another player of character cards will be much stronger, and Tea Time will be less so, but otherwise, you should be good, I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redmond
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you played it 2 player?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DeadMoney wrote:

I have not. It is far too popular.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Flood
United States
Smithfield
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It plays fine with two. Especially two who can 'get into' the characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John R.
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I play two-player with my girlfriend from time to time and she quite enjoys it. I find it not much different from multiplayer so, yes, if you enjoy the theme and can 'get into it', it's worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redmond
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like i might purchase this then. Thanks for the feedback.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
DeadMoney wrote:

I have played 2-player as well. I agree it is not much different from multiplayer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Mason
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have mostly played this two-player, though I have played it three-, four-, five-, and six-player.

I enjoy it immensely at all player levels, although I have found that it is much harder to get some of the later suitors (Darcy and Bingly) who require five specific characteristics. This means that at the higher player numbers, some players will almost certainly become Old Maids.

I like it best at either two- or three-player, because it allows you more fully develop your characters, possibly to the point of over-developing them. After a while you will know which Heroines are after which suitors, so at lower player levels, the competition becomes less fierce.

Also, with the people I play with, we almost never attack the other players with the cunning cards. Therefore, we usually use one of the variants where you spend cunning to determine what number you need to roll for your suitor (10-1+, 8-2+, 6=3+,4=4+ 2=5+, 1=6+); this variant makes the cunning cards useful in our games.

Anyway, yes, I would recommend this for two players. It is a great game. If possible, play it while drinking tea and eating crumpets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Saunders
Australia
Wollongong
New South Wales
flag msg tools
We found that Lydia suffered a little in a 2-player game, as the reduced Event deck meant that she didn't always get the parties she needs to use her special ability. Kitty shines in a two-player game, since there is only one other person discarding Events for her.

But it does play very nicely with two. The reduced Events actually makes for a nice degree of unpredictability, since you don't know at the start of the game what incidents are awaiting the characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.