Kevin H
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Right? Well, so says the voting so far on my Geeklist:

"Plays best with 2? 3? 4? 173? You tell me! Ultimate Optimum # of Players List (BGG Top 259)"

So far I have received thousands of votes on over 200 games, but unfortunately, Tichu is one of the games which has received fewer than I would like to see.

If you would be interested in voting on Tichu, please head over to my geeklist:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/17016/page/2

Thanks! meeple

And thank you to everyone who has already contributed, I think it is becoming a useful resource.

P.S. Make sure you read the rules prior to posting to ensure your vote counts!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
MontyCircus wrote:
Right? Well, so says the voting so far on my Geeklist:

This is spam. Cut it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clearclaw wrote:
This is spam. Cut it out.
I disagree. I think Kevin is attempting to provide a legitimate service.

It's kind of ironic, though, that Tichu didn't get enough responses, because Tichu is probably the only game I have ever played where the box says it plays a range of range of players, but the overwhelming majority of players only play it with one number: 4. It's really only a 2v2 partnership game. Anything more/less is a joke and not really Tichu, which just lets the publisher say it supports a player range on the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin H
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
curtc wrote:
I disagree. I think Kevin is attempting to provide a legitimate service.

Thank you Curt!

Quote:
It's kind of ironic, though, that Tichu didn't get enough responses, because Tichu is probably the only game I have ever played where the box says it plays a range of range of players, but the overwhelming majority of players only play it with one number: 4. It's really only a 2v2 partnership game. Anything more/less is a joke and not really Tichu, which just lets the publisher say it supports a player range on the box.

I'm trying to get every game to have at least 10 votes on 1 # of players. Tichu currently has 8 people ranking it with 4 players. One person liked it with 6.

I'm trying to get more votes for games before I expand the list some more. I want to eventually include the BGG top 700.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, again, you can effectively give an infinite # of votes to 4 players for Tichu, since that's the only number of players the real game supports.

It's like my son, who keeps bugging me to try Blue Moon (not City) with three players (my wife being the third). And you know what? It might actually work. But it's NOT Blue Moon. Tichu with any number of players than 4 is NOT Tichu. Even if the box claims otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessica Conley
United States
Perrysburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, Tichu with more than four, just turns into a regular cardgame. Tichu with 4 is not just a regular cardgame, it takes skill. Also, we tried playing with 7 and everyone was constantly getting up to move (game rules), that was bothersome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.