Subject: The Source - Imperial Officer Movement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew P
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
The premise of this mission is getting the captured imp officer to a terminal in 8 turns - said terminal is through 3 doors and minimum of 22 squares away. All I see about moving the officer is the following-

A Rebel figure can interact with the captured officer to perform the following:
- The hero and the captured officer each move 2 spaces.

Then at the end of the turn the imp player can move the officer one square away - so basically every hero has to use and action to move, then use an action to move the imp officer? How in the world are they expected to survive or complete this mission in 8 turns?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We lost this one pretty badly as Rebels, though I don't think it's impossible. You're looking at what, 14 Actions (11 special actions and 3 open door actions) split among the 4 heroes, so technically it can happen in 2 turns (this is assuming you are using all actions to move the imp or open doors). And if you bring allies, like Rebel Troopers, that's even more actions you can use to run that imperial to the end (note it says "Rebel figure" not Hero).

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Dennison
South Africa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played this one last night, and the Rebels won. It was close, very close, they had one healthy hero left. Definitely one of the more fun of the stages in the main campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Having an ally really helps in this sort of mission.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aneurin Kennerley
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Out of interest - can I use the agenda card that allows me to move 3 imperial figures on the Imperial officer to move him away from his captors?

The only condition on the agenda card appears to be IMPERIAL FIGURE... which the officer is correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, I probably misread, but some points anyway.

a) If you want to move the officer, you should check from the mission rules whether the Imperial Officer is a neutral figure until he is freed. (I don't have the campaign book handy right now.)

(If he is neutral, as I suspect / hazely remember, he is not an imperial figure.)

b) I think freeing the officer required an interact and no healthy hero near enough, so just moving imperial figures using the agenda card does not free him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The Imperial Officer on the Junk Shop
has been captured and is a neutral figure.

and

Quote:
If there are no healthy Rebel figures
within 3 spaces of the captured officer,
an Imperial figure can interact with the
officer to free him.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommik Tommik
Slovakia
flag msg tools
mb
We played this mission last week and Rebel lost. (2 heroes game)

But we came to interesting situation. Gideon throws Stun grenade that stunned 3 Stormtroopers but also neutral officer. Since he is neutral figure that never acts, he cannot get rid of this stun condition.

How to rule this situation ?

We ruled this, that it will cost them one interaction to slap officer. After the game I realized that this movement is not voluntary at all so rather I should rule that at the end of the round officer cannot move 1 space that turn.

What are your opinions ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tommik wrote:
But we came to interesting situation. Gideon throws Stun grenade that stunned 3 Stormtroopers but also neutral officer. Since he is neutral figure that never acts, he cannot get rid of this stun condition.

Neutral figures are not affected by game effects unless the mission rules say so, so he should never have been given the Stun condition in the first place.

RRG - Neutral Figures wrote:
• These figures cannot suffer (damage) or be targeted by
attacks, abilities, or any game effect except as specified by the
mission’s rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommik Tommik
Slovakia
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you. I missed that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rodriguez
Guatemala
flag msg tools
When the rebels interact with the officer and both move 2 spaces, they can move through the BLUE difficult terrain 2 spaces or only 1, since it requiers 2 to enter it?

In the RRG on page 19 under ''Movement'' on the 3rd bullet it says:
''Move X Spaces:If an ability moves a figure a listed number of spaces, this movement ignores movement point costs. All other effects OF TERRAIN AND FIGURES apply(for example the figure cannot end it's movement in another figure's space)....''

So it says the effect of terrain and figures apply, meaning if they(heroes) wanna move over an enemy it requires 2 or if the terrain won't allow, no? or am I interpreting this wrong?

Also this means that at ''Opportune Moment'', at the end of every round, if you choose the 1rst one:
Move the captured officer 1 space
You cannot move him if he's in the blue difficult terrain, since it requires 2 to enter, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Move X spaces does not use movement points. It moves a figure by the number of spaces specified. Because it does not use movement points, it also does not cost extra to move to difficult terrain or through hostile figures. (You still can't move through impassible or blocking terrain.)

Spending movement points to move is different than moving X spaces.

For example Gaarkhan's Charge moves spaces upto his speed. It ignores hostile figures (and difficult terrain).

So, interact will move the officer upto 2 spaces (must end in an empty space), then the rebel moves upto 2 spaces as well (must end in an empty space), ignoring extra movement costs.

Opportune Moment would move the officer 1 space, ignoring extra movement costs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that the word you missed was 'other'. the first part let's you know to ignore movement costs. All other effects (i.e. Effects other than additional movement cost) of terrain and figures are taken into account.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Percy Rich
msg tools
They can't be targeted by game effects. With the rules as written, neutral figures can be stunned by a stun grenade and can never remove it, making the mission impossible. The house rule is of course that neutral figures cannot acquire conditions (Stun is the only relevant one anyway).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Delirium4x wrote:
They can't be targeted by game effects. With the rules as written, neutral figures can be stunned by a stun grenade and can never remove it, making the mission impossible. The house rule is of course that neutral figures cannot acquire conditions (Stun is the only relevant one anyway).

There is ambiguity in the word 'target'. Context is very clear that it refers to any effect that would affect the Neutral figure. For example, Stun Grenade is applied to a space and then it targets each of the figures in or adjacent to that space. It doesn't use that wording, but that is what you are meant to infer.

Yes, there are game meanings for the term 'target' too, but if you really think that the ability is using that context, then you are reading the rules a little too strictly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Delirium4x wrote:
They can't be targeted by game effects. With the rules as written, neutral figures can be stunned by a stun grenade

The ability on the Stun Grenade produces a game effect, and game effects cannot target (be applied to) neutral figures (or withdrawn or incapacitated heroes).

(A better word would be affect like in some other rules.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Azn Banjo
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
shnar wrote:
...looking at what, 14 Actions (11 special actions and 3 open door actions) split among the 4 heroes...

A single interact with the officer includes movement, opening a door, and terminal activation. You get all 3 with one interact, so minimum 12 interacts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.