Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Star Wars: Armada» Forums » Rules

Subject: Looking for confirmation - Crits deal one damage PLUS face-up effect? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vincent Gregory

Iowa
msg tools
mb
Hi guys!

Does a crit always subtract one hull (when shields are down) PLUS deal it's face-up effect, a-la X-Wing? Or, does a crit dimply deal it's face-up effect, and not automatically subtract one hull from the opponent's hull zone (like a regular hit)?

Please let me know and thanks for the input!

-MG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sithrak - The god who hates you unconditionally
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It counts as damage as well as enabling a crit effect, it should be noted that every hit can only resolve ONE crit effect, whether you rolled 1 crit or 5, and that if you select a different crit effect than the default, you don't get to deal the faceup damage card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Gregory

Iowa
msg tools
mb
Flamin_Jesus wrote:
It counts as damage as well as enabling a crit effect, it should be noted that every hit can only resolve ONE crit effect, whether you rolled 1 crit or 5, and that if you select a different crit effect than the default, you don't get to deal the faceup damage card.

Thanks for the input, Sithrak!

Clears things up. Question though: if I roll 5 crits, I can only deal one crit effect against the enemy ship? I think I missed that in the instructions. (Which wouldn't surprise me, there's alotta rules hehe.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it's on pg. 5 under "Critical Effects".

The number of crits matters insofar as crits are treated as blanks if a squadron is involved and effects like Evade can force a reroll or negate a die, so rolling multiple crits ensures that the effect goes through (or reduces the damage by/against squads), but you're still always limited to one crit effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A bit of topic, but time for some self deprecating semi racist humor:

Is anyone else not at all surprised by the fact that it's two Germans that are currently the most active rules "advisors" for this game?

Edit: Also: What F.J. said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisdk wrote:
A bit of topic, but time for some self deprecating semi racist humor:

Is anyone else not at all surprised by the fact that it's two Germans that are currently the most active rules "advisors" for this game?

Edit: Also: What F.J. said.

Well I for one can't get out of bed without a manual full of instructions and regulations pertaining to the correct placement of feet and optimized rubbing of eyes in the morning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.