Kevin H
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Right? Well, so says the voting so far on my Geeklist:

"Plays best with 2? 3? 4? 173? You tell me! Ultimate Optimum # of Players List (BGG Top 259)"

So far I have received thousands of votes on over 200 games, but unfortunately, Friedrich is one of the games which has received fewer than I would like to see.

If you would be interested in voting on Friedrich, please head over to my geeklist:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/17016/page/2

Thanks! meeple

And thank you to everyone who has already contributed, I think it is becoming a useful resource.

P.S. Make sure you read the rules prior to posting to ensure your vote counts!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Akke Monasso
Netherlands
Aalten
Achterhoek
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
MontyCircus wrote:
Right? Well, so says the voting so far on my Geeklist:

No, it doesn't. There are no thumbs down for Friedrich with 3, so how can it be worst? Are you trolling or just spamming?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin H
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
There are 2 thumbsup with 4 players, 1 thumbsup with 3 players.

So that means technically it's best with 4 and worst with 3.

That also means that Friedrich has received a grand total of 3 votes on my list, while others have received dozens.

As for spamming or trolling, I feel that I am doing neither. As others have stated, I am providing a service.

In fact, my geeklist has been recommended enough to be in the top 50 geeklists of all-time. I think it is becoming a valuable resource to discover, at a glance, with what # of players a game best plays with.

Once the games with fewer votes have received enough votes, I will again expand the list by another 50 or 100 games. Eventually I would like to include the top 700 BGG games.

I'm not just randomly landing threads across every game on BGG. I'm only posting to the games which haven't received many votes, Friedrich being one of them.

I can't make the list useful on my own. For that I need the participation of people like you. So if you could drop a vote or two on the list, it would be much appreciated. Not only by me, but anyone interested in Friedrich, and the BGG community as a whole.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Dusik
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Kevin. I am a perfect example as far as Friedrich is concerned: I am considering purchasing it and am comparing it against other Euro/war hybrids like Byzantium. Your feedback on the game can only be a good thing.

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Polls are best for some players, worst for other players!

As for Friedrich - Buy the game - it is one of the best out there and there is no other game quite like it. Odd thing is, it is almost impossible to win - or to predict who will win even as the game comes closer and closer to conclusion. This game is ALL about the ride and not the outcome. My group wants to play it more than any other and we talk about what happened during the game more than any other.

The game is well designed and fun to play. The time flies by. You get a real feel for both tactics and strategy and you have many difficult decisions to make. The maneuver of pieces on the board is extremely important as well.

And it is fun to play 2 (special rules included and it is only a part of the game but still worth playing), 3 or 4 player - each a different and rewarding experience all its own.

And this post I hope shows why I prefer to read reviews than a simple list of thumbs up or thumbs down. I like to know WHY people think something is good or bad. Thumbs up or down votes are fine for a known group where I know their criteria for voting as they do. However for mass votes with no explanations - I don't find them useful at all.

My group and I have certain defined tastes that are better informed by reviews than by polls. And there are many reviewers that I have come to know and trust. Some of their tastes are different than mine - and that helps as well. Just because they like or dislike a game doesn't mean I will do the same - but the reasons they give WILL help me.

Anyway, after seeing the dozens of posts all the time I finally had to say something - just so YOU could understand why some find all these posts a little irritating - especially the titles. You mean them to be provocative. I find them to be misleading.

Good luck for those who like polls. They just don't do it for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Marshall
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played Friedrich twice, but from those plays I offer three observations:

1. Assuming competent play all round, the Prussian/Friedrich player's chances of winning are determined by how deep in the cards of fate deck the cards that knock out the opposition lie - if they fall early, he's in with a chance, if they fall late, one of the allied players will likely win

2. The game works with three players, if only because the nations with the least to do (Russia/Sweden, France) fall under the control of a single player, so he has plenty to do!

3. The game is unique and terrific fun

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.