Elizabeth Ventham
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(Probably!)

Our review is here: http://themiseryfarm.com/2015/03/29/glassroad/

We're still fairly new at this, so as always feedback is appreciated!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Misery Farm is an awesome name!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
I think it's definitely the least miserable of his games that are in this general, vaguely-defined family, but some of his earlier games are less miserable. For example, Bohnanza, although I suppose it depends whom you play Bohnanza with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elizabeth Ventham
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tool wrote:
I think it's definitely the least miserable of his games that are in this general, vaguely-defined family, but some of his earlier games are less miserable. For example, Bohnanza, although I suppose it depends whom you play Bohnanza with.

I've not played Bohnanza, is it good?

The "depends whom you play with" caveat is a little worrying. Knowing my friends, anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Smith
United States
Andover
Kansas
flag msg tools
GET OVER HERE!
badge
Who the @#&% was that?
mbmbmbmbmb
Bohnanza is an awesome little card game, its really a framework for forced negotiation and the inability to rearrange ones hand of cards REALLY forces some interesting scenarios. But don't go in expecting some big game, its a deck of cards and some simple mechanisms, and my friends are real bastards playing it but that's what makes it so fun. Its small, light and mean. I adore it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
SettlersOfLizzy wrote:
tool wrote:

I've not played Bohnanza, is it good?

The "depends whom you play with" caveat is a little worrying. Knowing my friends, anyway.

Bohnanza is very good.

All you really need is people to play with who are at least vaguely sensible. In Bohnanza you need to trade with people in order to do well. If you play with people who refuse any trades where they aren't getting the better end of the deal, it probably won't be any fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.