Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Tuten
United States
Montgomery Village
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm playing through scenario 93 (Tavronitis Bridge) right now. One of the SSRs is that the British get 2 free AA shots against the incoming German gliders. I'm a bit confused with the AA-against-gliders rules, and want to make sure I'm doing things right.

First, I use the * column on the IFT. So, if the SSR says I get a "4 FP attack", would that mean I use the *4/30mm/2FP column? Or the *5/37mm/4FP column?

Next, the rules seem to indicate that I compare my result with the * number on the glider counter. But... the German glider has a * number of 1? I'm not entirely sure how I could possibly hit it? Or do I use the IFT result (e.g. KIA, K/, etc.)?

I'm confused. Thanks in advance for any guidance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Puente
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC, gliders are attacked using the *-row on the IFT, exactly as if they were unarmored trucks.

The number in the star in the glider counter is a positive DRM to this attack.

So, in your scenario, you have two 4FP attacks. The number in the *-row of the IFT is 5, and since you have a +1DRM (due to the number in the star in the counter), gliders are damaged on a 4 and destroyed on a 3. Also, 4 and 5 force evasive action.

Hope this helps. Enjoy the scenario, it's really fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Tuten
United States
Montgomery Village
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That helps a lot, thank you! Definitely not how I interpreted the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.