Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryon Petrie
United States
Kaukauna
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Pawel started with his sheep touching each other, so with no reason to move his own sheep, he further distanced my sheep.

It appears you did not set the game up correctly. See the following thread:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/105073

Quote:
Set up (assuming players are playing with blue and red):

Front
R Y B
B Blck R
G Y G

So he should not have been able to start with his sheep touching each other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Orleans
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Before the first turn, there is a round (or two rounds in a 2-player game) of sheep panic die rolling. So perhaps he meant this ended up with Pawel's sheep touching each other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Krumholt
Denmark
Hilleroed
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Tried this yesterday with my girlfriend after reading the rules. We decided not to use the written two-player rules, but instead play 2 colors each, me being blue/yellow her red/green. We put turn order red,blue,green,yellow and used the 4 player board for the flock marker. The experience was quite fun, and she beat me by 2 points in the end, with scoring being counted as the sum of the controlled colors.

There is enough strategy in the game that you often have to consider how both to score points with the active color while setting the other color up for scoring consecutively.

I was worried that the game wouldn´t work as two-player, but thankfully I was wrong. Maybe I´ll try the written 2-player rules sometime, but this variant at least seems fine and not too random.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.