Popular Tags: [View All]
Marquis DeSade
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a question for folks not going crazy and grabbing all 6 clans:

Folks planning on getting the elemental masters or ninja master pledge, which of the 4/2 clans are you planning to grab and why?

I'm planning on backing the $100 "elemental masters" pledge and maybe picking up some extra samurai and ronin. In the absence of concrete character rules, I'm planning on going with a couple of "dualities" in my clan choices - Tora (fire) vs Ika (water) and Kitsune (spirit) vs Ijin (void).

The aesthetics of the four clans above appeal to me more than the mountain monkey clan, although I could be persuaded to go with them if their (presumably) resilient/tough play style compliments one of the other clans. I could also see losing Ika or Ijin if the newly previewed Tanchyo clan have interesting heroes.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Herrera
United States
Vancouver
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm planning on getting the elemental pledge and adding all the clans that are unlocked. I may add one generic clan for Super Dungeon Explore, but I am planning on getting most of the figures unlocked in the Shojo Shop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to get the Ninja Master and Elemental Master sets. That way I get all four Shrine Ninja sets and all 6 Clan Ninja sets. (plus double extra bits like the shrines and sentries).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark De Lorenzo
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brian T wrote:
I'm going to get the Ninja Master and Elemental Master sets. That way I get all four Shrine Ninja sets and all 6 Clan Ninja sets. (plus double extra bits like the shrines and sentries).

Ditto

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Slazinski
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Assuming Tanchyo gets unlocked, they and Kitsune are the two I am definitely grabbing. Otherwise not really sure. Not a fan of the aesthetics of the monkey clan, so once I digest the basic rules I can pick based on what is the most interesting.

After that I'll be grabbing a handful of ronin. Not really sold on picking up a Ninja Master pledge on top yet, but there's always time for me to be convinced later
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I am completely ignoring the shrine ninja and going straight for four clans.

Ika are a done deal, because... you know... Cthulhu.
My four-year-old daughter will go nuts for Kitsune, so I have to pick them.
Yamazaru are the monkey clan. No way I am leaving them out.
And then there is Tanchyo. I always play archers or ranged combatants in adventure games, so those are my final pick.

These were easy picks for me. I didn't like the look of the tiger clan at all, and if the game is great, I will just get the Ijin guys later on.

I am not buying any add-ons, because as much as I like the look of the game, I don't believe I will be able to get a proper tournament up and running so I will be keeping it casual.

Fortunately, there are no exclusives, so if I do want anything later, I can get it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cat O\'Mighty
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both packages for all the minis, plus double game boards, dice, etc. so I can host 2 games at once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Barrett
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Tora/Ijin are my favorite pair

Yamazaru/Tanchyo are the second pair

Kitsune/Ika at the bottom of the list

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fornas
Spain
Almazora
Castellon
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm for elemental. I want to add 2 clans to get all 6 but maybe I can't. The least favourite in my buying group (yes we split buy it) is Tora. The rest, well, I think we love them all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Johnson
United States
Wyoming
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to have to go through the rules to determine which set of four will offer the most diverse options in gameplay/strategy. Aesthetically, I have to say that the Ijin, Ika, Yamazaru, and Tanchyo clans are my favorites.For some reason I dislike the Kitsune wolf-masks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Choe
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As of now going with Ika, Tora, Tanchyo, and Kitsune.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brian T wrote:

So the four shrines are different from the 6 clans?
Ie, they are no repeats of four of them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marquis DeSade
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct. The 4 shrines are intended for pickup games and can work as stand ins for clan models and ronin you don't own.

The 6 clans all have very distinctive looks and themes, more complicated rules and abilities, and are intended for folks that want to delve deeper into the game or run competitive leagues.

Check out some of the other threads in this forum. There are a lot of posts weighing the pros and cons of each pledge type.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samurai Munky

Westford
Massachusetts
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dolono wrote:
You are correct. The 4 shrines are intended for pickup games and can work as stand ins for clan models and ronin you don't own.

The 6 clans all have very distinctive looks and themes, more complicated rules and abilities, and are intended for folks that want to delve deeper into the game or run competitive leagues.

Check out some of the other threads in this forum. There are a lot of posts weighing the pros and cons of each pledge type.

this is good to know. thanks for the summary.

my collector's habit is still telling me to order everything; and i was curious why the shrines weren't part of an additional buy.

so the shrines are basic and the clans are for lack of a better term expansion shrines.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marquis DeSade
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep waffling on the amount of $ I want to spend.

For now, I'm just planning to do the 4 clans pledge (squid, tiger, fox, and demon clans) and probably just and extra $10 to get the Jubei ronin character (I'm a big Ninja Scroll fan). If the gameplay turns out to be steller, then I think I'll go direct to SPM for more figures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samurai Munky

Westford
Massachusetts
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless others have different calculations, I summed up all the potential costs for everything and it's $310 (assuming all goals unlocked)* you also get 2x of all free stretch goals

$100 ninja master
$100 elemental master
** this seems to be better purchase option than the ninja master level + 4 additional clans

$10 ninja fight card game

$15 bag of samurai

$85 total of all the unlocked/currently locked extra ronin

conjecture: If they do eventually sell shrines as stand alone; i'd imagine they'd be $15-$20 (guessing 2 shrine groups are equal to 1 clan).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nibble Wut?
United Kingdom
Sittingbourne
Kent
flag msg tools
Do you worship Cthulhu?
badge
Ph'nglui Mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm grabbing the Ninja Master pledge for just the basic game (I've learnt to stop buying everything as it never gets used even if the game is half decent) and will opt for Kitsune and Tora.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.