United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In this session report:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/134582

it says that Jay Tummelson was demoing this game at Euroquest. Does that mean that Rio Grande Games will be distributing this title in the future?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Webb
United States
Western Mitten
flag msg tools
designer
badge
GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.
mbmbmbmbmb
Good catch...hopefully so.

I think the game has a lot of potential...I personally feel that the card play thing could use a tweak or two, but the board play in the game is quite well done. A really impressive first effort.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Takagi
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the response I got back from Jay when I asked him if RGG would be distributing Khronos:

>I certainly hope so - yes.

So hopefully we will see a US release soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Scholtz
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
it's listed in the to-be-released section of Funagain:
http://www.funagain.com/control/product/~product_id=016493

A few weeks ago I wrote to them and they said they thought they'd have it in soon (by last week).

Today I wrote again and they said:
"We were actually unable to get Khronos. We may be able to in the future, but at the last minute it was unavailable."

Sounds like a manufacturing or importing delay, perhaps. Does anyone know anything more specific, or when this may be available in the US?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Takagi
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that the unavailability at Funagain is because they didn't purchase any copies at Essen. I believe that Khronos was initially listed with all the other titles at Essen. Funagain seems to traditionally purchase a bunch of titles at Essen and sells them in the US.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Webb
United States
Western Mitten
flag msg tools
designer
badge
GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be my assumption as well...I believe there were 1000 copies of this game made, and they all sold out at the fair. For one reason or another, FunAgain must have missed the boat on this one, and they're like the rest of us, waiting for a reprint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.