Popular Tags: [View All]
JonGetsGames
United States
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game lasts 9 overall turns, however the 1st player token only moves at the end of turns. This means that in a 4 player game the 1st player of the game is going to have 3 turns being start player where as the other players will only have 2. The same issue pops up in 2 player since the 1st player will get 5 starting turns to the second players 4.

My data set is tiny, only one even number player game so far but the 1st player DID win it. I'm not saying the game is broken because of this, but it does seem like an unresolved issue that surprises me abit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ottevaere Wouter
Belgium
Vosselaar
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I suggest a house rule. Like this one: the player who is in last position in victory points should become the new starting player? Maybe that evens out the problem?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daryl Unwin
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love playing this game, but it's always seemed built for fun rather than balance to me, so turn order doesn't trouble me too much.

Few ideas:
Bonus in cash/prestige/income/honour at the start.

Blind bid for turn order each round. Maybe alternate it between cash and honour?

An event deck with suitable thematic cards which states how turn order will be decided next round: Most Income? Least Cash? etc..
Possibly some kind of penalty build into the theme for some of them - Most income but lose 3/2/1 coins - that sort of thing?
Could add an extra twist to your strategy and who you were thinking of bringing into the family next?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.