Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Worron
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received my Valley Games copy of this and have read through the rules, just have one question.

In section 5.2.3 it states that when dealing cards to the exchange pool "duplicate and identical cards are allowed within the Exchange Pool and are simply placed on top of each other...". However, the picture shows 2 negatives stacked on 1 positive (Genetic Engineering).

So what is the correct meaning of this rule, should the same issues be stacked on top of each other regardless of opinion? Or is the example in error and pro/con should be stacked seperately.

Thanks!
Jay

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Weisbeck
United States
Black Hawk
South Dakota
flag msg tools
"Blow up the damned ship, Jean-Luc!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the rule should read "contradictory and identical cards are allowed..." so each space contains an issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D a n _ C
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The example is not incorrect.... just a little misleading. They sorted their 6 cards into groups of the same issue (pro and con together).

Look at it this way. There are 6 slots. And 6 cards in the pool. Just put one card in each slot. But you needn't worry about duplicates or contradictory issues in the exchange pool. It's just a pool of cards.

However, I will say this. 6 cards isn't really enough. The pool is a little too diluted to be very useful with only 6 cards. We've found that to be proven true in our playing of the 3rd edition. I'd recommend using 12 cards in the pool as a "house rule". Something to think about.

DC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Falch
Canada
Okotoks
Alberta
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
durak60 wrote:
...Look at it this way. There are 6 slots. And 6 cards in the pool. Just put one card in each slot. But you needn't worry about duplicates or contradictory issues in the exchange pool. It's just a pool of cards...

Well said.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
yeah it simply struck me as stacking was a rule they forgot to take out when they took out the second ed adding state cards to the exchange. although stacking actual identical cards does help slightly is seeing your options.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Sanders
United States
Greendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
durak60 wrote:
However, I will say this. 6 cards isn't really enough. The pool is a little too diluted to be very useful with only 6 cards. We've found that to be proven true in our playing of the 3rd edition. I'd recommend using 12 cards in the pool as a "house rule". Something to think about.
DC

We played for the first time with v.3 rules tonight, and I can see 6 being limiting - but we thought it was "ok" for this one play. It's definitely a limited resource which has to be taken into account when selecting your party platform, and sometimes you are forced to swap for something that doesn't hurt you instead of helps you.

Maybe a few more plays will make us itch for more cards...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.