fa fa
msg tools
Hi

The rulebook says that in a cooperative defense against volkare "fortifications play no role for either side". I think what's meant is "site fortifications play no role for either side", but I'm not sure. Are Fortified ennemies still fortified ? Couldn't find an explicit answer in the rules or in the forum (though what's written in "Volkare Attacks a Player" suggests that only site fortifications are ignored).
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
fafa fr wrote:
Hi

The rulebook says that in a cooperative defense against volkare "fortifications play no role for either side". I think what's meant is "site fortifications play no role for either side", but I'm not sure. Are Fortified ennemies still fortified ? Couldn't find an explicit answer in the rules or in the forum (though what's written in "Volkare Attacks a Player" suggests that only site fortifications are ignored).
Thanks

"When attacking, Volkare also ignores any site fortifications, i.e. it does not matter if a player sits at a fortified site or is attacked over a wall when he is attacked by Volkare"

"Thus you can freely combine Ranged and Siege Attacks in the Ranged and Siege Attack phase against the tokens that do not have the fortified ability, and Siege attacks against those who have the fortified ability"

I can't find the bit you quoted, but I think it's pretty clear anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnesi
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This sentence is about when Volkare attacks you. It means that it doesn't matter if you are in a fortified space or not, or it doesn't matter if Volkare attacks through a wall. But the general rule is mentioned before:

Quote:
Note that contrary to cities, Volkare’s troops are not fortied by default (unless you attack Volkare at a fortied site or across a wall). Thus you can freely combine Ranged and Siege Attacks in the Ranged and Siege Attack phase against the tokens that do not have the fortied ability, and Siege attacks against those who have the fortied ability.
So, fortified enemies are fortified, and if you attack him through a wall, everything is fortified.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnesi
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Benkyo wrote:
It's in General Volkare - cooperative defense - Curse of the Battle:
Quote:
The battle goes exactly the same way as a cooperative assault, except players do not have to move and fortications play no role for either side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fa fa
msg tools
Benkyo wrote:

It's pretty clear in the "Volkare Attacks a Player" section, indeed. But as something slightly different is written in the "cooperative defense" section, I just wanted to be really sure that it was a little omission and that there wasn't an exception in coop defense. (I wanted to be really sure because we're working on a translation, so it's better not to make mistakes.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
fafa fr wrote:
(I wanted to be really sure because we're working on a translation, so it's better not to make mistakes.)

Good luck with the translation! I gave up on making a Japanese translation a while back - too much work without a paycheck to motivate me (and someone else ended up doing a better job of it anyway).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.