Terra Mystica» Forums » General

Subject: Has anyone ever build 4 cities? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tamino Muth
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
I thought about this quite a bit as you have exactly 15 buildings which makes it possible (with the aid of the Sanctuary of course). Sometimes you have this setup in which a town gives extra points in round 6 and especially with the nomads it should be possible under very good circumstances to fully make use of that. However, I always felt that there were better things to do than trying to get 4 cities but it's still a thing I wanna do once in my Terra Mystica careercool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Orion Hegenomy wrote:
I thought about this quite a bit as you have exactly 15 buildings which makes it possible (with the aid of the Sanctuary of course). Sometimes you have this setup in which a town gives extra points in round 6 and especially with the nomads it should be possible under very good circumstances to fully make use of that. However, I always felt that there were better things to do than trying to get 4 cities but it's still a thing I wanna do once in my Terra Mystica careercool

You have 17 buildings. And yes, I've gotten 4 towns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Goh
Australia
Glen Waverley
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup been done before plenty of times.

Congrats to nomds - 4 towns!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rhett Morgan
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1143805/its-possible-build-4...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke J
msg tools
I just did it with Swarmlings on the original board.

It was definitely not my highest scoring game with them, as I was not really able to maximize the round scoring, got Water 1 late, never got Air 1, and never advanced digging, but once I realized that it might be possible, I just went for it. I did strongly on the cult tracks (10/10/7/9)

-15 leech

Setup was like this:
Started D2 and G6
Round 1 was 4 water -> spade and Round 2 was 4 water -> priest
So I built stronghold and temple in the first round, grabbing Water 2, thus allowing me to collect the free spade.

Got my first town (2 VP + 2 cult moves) at the end of Round 2 over in the east, built a sanctuary in Round 3 (to collect the 5 VP bonus), and then in Round 5 I picked up Fire 2, which gave me two more towns (both 8 VP + 1 cult move) both over in the west - a sanctuary town starting from D2 and a 2D/2TE town on the lower part. This left me with a considerable number of resources (+6 workers and all my 8 power in the third bucket) and after using my favor cult move, I was going to get two bonus digs at the end of the round. The northern area still had the brown-grey-green-blue area open so I figured why not?

Just barely made it work, and advanced shipping with my last town (it was actually the most efficient, points-wise, since I got the 3 VP per ship level tile).

Pretty fun, though probably not the best strategy for big points. Someone could have stopped me, but they didn't really have any incentive to do so. And it definitely wasn't all sunshine and flowers - I did not intend to build down D2-E2-F2, but I was forced in that direction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rhett Morgan
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes yes it's possible, we have an entire other thread about it that I linked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gurps Melendor
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Riverwalkers 4 cities

http://terra.snellman.net/game/RevengeOfTheNoobs21

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mb "I built four towns in Terra Mystica (and still lost)"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.