Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

BattleCON: Devastation of Indines» Forums » General

Subject: So... what's all this then? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tunguska's CPA
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll cut to the chase, I backed Devastation (and War remastered!) but haven't been able to play it as much as I'd like. I'm in the process of reorganizing my hobby room want to get these items straight.

I have the original War of Indines here, along with a good number of promos for it.

2015-03-30 20.07.01 by cervantes3773, on Flickr

and Devastation, here:

2015-03-30 20.06.27 by cervantes3773, on Flickr

and this set of stands from Extended (I think):

2015-03-30 20.06.23 by cervantes3773, on Flickr

and this first shrink-wrapped set of cards:

2015-03-30 20.05.53 by cervantes3773, on Flickr

and this second shrink-wrapped set of cards:

2015-03-30 20.05.46 by cervantes3773, on Flickr

These extra character stands:

2015-03-30 20.06.00 by cervantes3773, on Flickr

These poker tokens:

2015-03-30 20.06.07 by cervantes3773, on Flickr

And Strikers:

2015-03-30 20.06.13 by cervantes3773, on Flickr


What should I do with Strikers, since I'm getting War remastered? Put the DoI-Strikers cards with Devastaton and the WoI-Strikers cards with oldWar? Does War Remastered include them? What is in each set of shrink-wrapped cards and can they all go with DOI?

The loose character stands are for promo characters, I believe... which I suppose is one of the shrink-wrapped decks. The poker chips are for funsies, I think.

My goal, at the end of this, to have the knowledge to appropriately organize my BattleCON collection between oldWar, Devastation, and War Remastered. Once I get War Remastered, I'm going to gift oldWar to a friend, so it's important that I include everything necessary while still keeping War Remastered complete.

I know I'm really out of the loop, so I appreciate your help and patience

P.S.
Regarding the oldWar promo characters - are they still useable? Can I keep them when I give away oldWar? Were they redone with War Remastered?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Rosenquist
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
1. The Strikers are an alternate way to play the game, where you can basically have a character "jump in" for a beat to do an attack or whatever. They are an expansion and are still very playable, though personally I've never played with them. When War: Remastered comes out, there will be new Strikers released that are different than those you have now.

2. The shrink-wrapped cards are promos. There are 3 Striker promos included, so open them up and add them to your stash!

3. The small pack of loose stands are for the character promos. The larger pages are from Devastation: Extended.

4. The deck with the sword is the old Armory. There is a new Armory being released that serves to replace that one I think. I'm not 100% sure which items will be changed, removed, etc. with the new Armory coming out.

5. I've never seen the poker chips. I guess they were Kickstarter exclusives for War or Devastation? I'll buy or trade for them if you don't want them. PM me! But yeah, I think they're for "funsies" as they don't specifically go with any character.

6. For gifting to your friend, that War box is the complete package. You can probably include Armory if you're getting the new one. Also, Devastation: Extended came with some updated War cards. Actually, now that I think about it, those cards are, I'm pretty sure, inside the wrap that has the Armory. So yeah, include those with Old War as they have updated cards.

7. The old War promos are definitely still useable. They just aren't balanced in comparison to the other characters. They aren't tournament legal, so really they're just for fun. I would keep them personally, as they are now out of print and again, are still playable. Only 1 of those promos are likely to ever be updated and reprinted: Claus & Wyndhal. That's the only character that LVL 99 owns.

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tunguska's CPA
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info!

/Now to see if I can find a card list for each set...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cervantes3773 wrote:
/Now to see if I can find a card list for each set...
1havok12 assembled a careful list of each character for his divider set:
Devastation of Indines Landscape Dividers
War of Indines Landscape Dividers
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Springer
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Going with the above-listed numbering system -

1. The strikers you have right now are fine. The base strikers box includes every striker for both War and Devastation characters, and there won't be any overlap with the new releases. The upcoming War extended edition will have brand new strikers. They will be either from Fate or as-of-yet unreleased fighters.

6. The old War box is not a complete package. Even with the update pack from Devastation extended edition, the old war box will be outdated. Luc has since received a buff (after the extended nerf) and Magdelina has changed significantly as well. There may be other characters who are different in their current incarnations than they were in the Devastation update pack (Tatsumi and Lixis may have received changes). Obviously, you can still play old War without any updates, the characters just won't be as refined, and won't be tournament legal.

Happy gaming!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tunguska's CPA
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dthurston wrote:
cervantes3773 wrote:
/Now to see if I can find a card list for each set...
1havok12 assembled a careful list of each character for his divider set:
Devastation of Indines Landscape Dividers
War of Indines Landscape Dividers


Excellent! Thank you!

dspringer9952 wrote:
Going with the above-listed numbering system -

1. The strikers you have right now are fine. The base strikers box includes every striker for both War and Devastation characters, and there won't be any overlap with the new releases. The upcoming War extended edition will have brand new strikers. They will be either from Fate or as-of-yet unreleased fighters.

6. The old War box is not a complete package. Even with the update pack from Devastation extended edition, the old war box will be outdated. Luc has since received a buff (after the extended nerf) and Magdelina has changed significantly as well. There may be other characters who are different in their current incarnations than they were in the Devastation update pack (Tatsumi and Lixis may have received changes). Obviously, you can still play old War without any updates, the characters just won't be as refined, and won't be tournament legal.

Happy gaming!


Thanks for the info! I'm not concerned about tournaments, I'm mostly giving away oldWar so I know it will be used.

/Now to actually organize all this...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tunguska's CPA
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, the dividers are very helpful, but does anyone know if there is a list of what's in the other sets?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.