Subject: Which small expansions spice up co-op play? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: runebound [+] coop [+] [View All]
Matt
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I enjoy co-op play the most so far. I don't have the funds or desire to buy all of the small expansions. Are there any small expansions that improve the co-op experience?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Penner
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, you don't want to get any of the Character Decks, as they are for vs. play. There are 4 that change the end goal, well, atleast the theme. There are another 4 that add Items and Allies to the market deck. Some of those may help with co-op. The last 4 are all additions into the encounter decks. I think they only add variety, not necessarily to improve co-op. Hope this helps some.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Daneman
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For coop, I recommend getting Scepter of Kyros (which changes the end game to include giants), Artifacts & Allies, Terrors of Tomb, and Dark Forest. Don't get Crown of the Elder Kings which focuses on PvP, don't get the Class Decks which focus on player playing cards against each other. Relics of Legend has some nice cards, but also includes a number of cards that focus on player vs. player, so you may or may not want to get that one.
Of course there's a set of 6 new expansions that just came out, and I don't have those yet so can't comment on them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tannhauser
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
She liked farming...
badge
...he preferred stabbing things in the neck.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll second Scepter of Kyros. We actually prefer it to the base game. Really makes you feel like a fearsome giantkiller. Enjoy!

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.