SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TK Maxx in York still has Knizia's Mensa Connections for £8 or £10, same game, different prices. This is the excellent Einfach Genial, over-priced at £20 but a steal at £8. Look in the Men's Crap Gifts area, amongst the gold ball poker sets.

They also have Navia Dratp Starter Sets 1 and 2, for £8 each. My understanding is that the maker went out of business, so if you're intending to start a collection, this may not be a good idea. But if you already have some of the figures, then these looked pretty nice to me and will add to your game.

Clearly I don't know what I'm talking about. No change there then.

TK Maxx seems to be splitting its games up all over the shop, not just in one area any more.

Cheers,
Jon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kuznick
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: TK MAXX - UK bargains - Mensa Connections & Navia Dratp
Bandai went out of business? Hardly! They acquired Namco and merged with them. They are now a subsidiary of Namco Bandai. But anyway that's totally besides the point. They did stop producing/supporting Navia Dratp, but that should in NO WAY dissuade anyone from buying this superb game. It plays GREAT out of the two starters and boosters are cheap of you feel the need to add.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Here's Hoping
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like the Navia Dratp deal may be local to you. Definitely didn't have it in branches in Stevenage, Hatfield, St.Albans or Hemel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rich steed
United Kingdom
Stoke-On-Trent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
well I managed to pick up both Navia Drapt starter sets from one of my local TK Maxxs (Hanley, for some reason, has two) For £7.99 each so there are some out there.

Also picked up a copy of Mensa Connections for £7.99 as a christmas present.

They also had a number of Lord of the Rings Trivia games for £9.99.
Some Chirzo rising (Could be spelt wrong) starter sets for £3.99
A Star Wars Minature battles starter set for £7.99

KZ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack H.
United Kingdom
Rochester
Kent
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Went in specifically to get Mensa Connections (the name alone makes it a purchase with an embarrassment factor equal to that of top shelf reading matter). After a brief search I not only found it, but also LotR Confrontation, a bargain at £5.99. In the past I've also seen a fair few Avalon Hill releases, unfortunately the more family-orientated titles.

[First ever post (the post that hurts the most)]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rich steed
United Kingdom
Stoke-On-Trent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The main trouble with TK Maxx is that there is no order in the store - things can be in a number of different departments and on any shelf. In the Hanley TK Mensa was in three different locations in store and at different prices!

I nearly missed the Navia sets because I looked on all the shelves two or three times and didn't see it. I thought I'd have one last trawl and looked behind every big box and eventually found them.

Same has happened with games like LOTR - not seen them on first look had to go away and come back again before they appear!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Picked up another Mensa Connections today, 7.99. They still had Navia Dratp, and now Risk Star Wars and Risk LOTR editions, 10 quid each. And ALL THE GAMES HAVE MOVED AGAIN!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rich steed
United Kingdom
Stoke-On-Trent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anybody know a good place to buy the Navia Dratp boosters from?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Sykes
Thailand
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up Mensa Connections for £7.99 and also Toru for £6.99, which looks good fun in a crowd!

TK Maxx is so frustrating though, it's like shopping at a jumble sale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack H.
United Kingdom
Rochester
Kent
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just found the two Navia Dratp starter sets for 8 quids a pop: it looks as though they receive new, but somewhat arbitrary, stock regularly so keep your eyes peeled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've found a new edition of Einfach Genial in the UK, published as Ingenious by the Green Board Game Co. at £20. So clearly the mensa version is being cleared out quickly. So if you miss this £8 bargain now, you'll have to wait a few more years to get it cheap.
http://www.greenboardgames.com/products.asp?cat_id=3

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.