Blake Mathieson
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the rules for the third scenario strictly state that you carry resources over (except for food) from scenario 2. But, if you did carry over your resources, the scenario may become extremely easy. I'm not sure if you are actually supposed to carry resources over but I would like to see the community's opinion on this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
No, it does not state that.
You can carry over wood and fur, but no food (except non-perishable).
And fur is of no use, in this scenario, and will be discarded afterwards, anyways.
So basically you can only carry over wood.

And no, fur does NOT turn into rope (found this out the hard way, after playing it wrong)!

Edit:
due to misreading the OP, I made a mistake. Corrected, now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dumon wrote:
No, it does not state that.
You can carry over wood and fur, but no food.

Yes it does state that on page 11:

"Discard any food, but keep any non-perishable food and other resources from the previous scenario"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry.

Overlooked that you already mentioned food as exception, and forgot non-perishables...

Yes, you can carry over
- fur, but it will be of no use, and you have to discard it afterwards, anyways
- wood, and that is the most important ressource - get a lot of it. I mean, A LOT, if you can...
- non-perishable food, but (let's be honest) there usually is not much to go around, anyways

You do, however, NOT carry over the big tree trunks. This is something I strongly disliked, and houseruled that you could prepair for building oars...

Don't be fooled, the scenario is not that easy, if you don't have that much to carry with you...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Mathieson
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Either I'm doing something wrong or I'm just lucky, but the third scenario seems to be a breeze, even without carrying over resources.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marion
msg tools
Just do it !
badge
Enjoy Life.
mbmbmbmbmb
BlakeMathieson wrote:
Either I'm doing something wrong or I'm just lucky, but the third scenario seems to be a breeze, even without carrying over resources.

Wow!

(.....you MUST be doing something wrong....)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How many wounds do the characters already have?
How much did you manage to repair each part of the ship?
Did you notice that you cannot use fur as rope (I made that mistake)?
Did you realise that a Reroll token on any part of the ship does NOT make the roll resolved, but rather makes you reroll it (meaning: you will ALWAYS damage 2 parts of the ship, or one part twice)?
Did you realize that you cannot move the ship as long as there are Event tokens on the sea space (resolved or not)?
Did you realize that you have to attribute EVERY effect of EVERY one of the "item" cards each Event phase, in addition to one Event token?

Just a few questions, off the top of my head...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Mathieson
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Usually zero after the doctor visits them.
About half of the ship is max repaired.
I didn't realise you were supposed to even carry over resources.
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To be honest, if at the start of the third scenario your characters have zero wounds, you are either exceptionally lucky, or a far superior player, or something is amiss...

I found the first two scenarios to be not totally hard, but taxing enough to not win them easily. And if the characters then only have suffered six wounds each, I am a little sceptical.

To say more, I would need a complete transcript of your campaign, I guess - AND the time to go through it with a magnifying glass. The former might be hard for you to produce, the latter is at this moment quite unlikely for me, if not impossible.

So from my vantage point I am, as of this moment, at my wits end...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Mathieson
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't consider myself to be a player, but I would consider myself quite experienced at the game. Now that I look back on the campaign, each character may have had one heart or twoheartheart wounds each, but not Darwin, I kept him safe. I remember in the first scenario I collected only a couple of the plants and animals but about ten fossils (because I used the basket and since fossils are considered resources, I got two every round). So I only needed one or two water buckets and that freed up my resources and actions. I managed to escape the second scenario quickly because of this and avoid too much damage. My unique resources all got destroyed in the third scenario because of the main hold breaking so it wasn't too easy. Because of my lacking amount of unique resources and an insufficient amount of plants and animals, I only just managed to get midshipman status. That's my outlook of what could have happened.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Mathieson
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One or two wounds after the doctor visited them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, okay.
I see what you did, now. You probably were playing it safe, instead of going for the big points.

Yes, that is the thing - if you don't try to get the animals and plants in the first round, you will have less risk to tackle in those two first rounds, and more time to plan the journey.

If, on the other hand, you plan for big points (like we did, with 4 animals and plants each, 4 collection sets and 1 or 2 fossils), then you probably will have a much harder time...

To us, at least, that was the aim of the campaign - get as many points as possible, while staying alive...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathew G Somers
United States
flag msg tools
Well, I'm not exactly all that savvy here, and thus cannot conjure up a little blue box, but I guess there's nothing wrong with quoting manually. So, Dumon wrote:

"...fur is of no use, in this scenario, and will be discarded afterwards, anyways."

Unless I've something wrong, I thought I ought to call attention to the effect of the grey "?" during the event phase, which states that players must discard an available resource. In this case, the extra fur from Scenario 2, which is otherwise doing naught, will be of some use now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not own the English components anymore, so cannot check. But from what I have seen on the one image here on BGG, you might be right!

If so, then I have (of course) made a mistake!
Which leads to the German version being a tad tougher (in which Fur is discarded at the end of scenario 2).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.