Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do I have to play all my movement cards at once? Or can I play a card, move, then play another movement card?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone
mbmbmbmbmb
One at a time. Once you reveal something though (i.e. enemy token, map tile), then you cannot undo a previous move or spending of mana.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
usfbrown wrote:
Do I have to play all my movement cards at once? Or can I play a card, move, then play another movement card?

Thanks.

You can gain and spend movement points any way you like in any combination and order. You can then take it all back and do it a different way if you like. The only restriction is that if you reveal new information, any cards you played up to the point the information is revealed cannot be taken back.

So yes, you can play a card, move, then play another movement card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ali Cali
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You may play movement cards, move, and then play more movement cards and move again, so long as you're still in the movement phase.

It is typical to use some movement cards just to explore a new tile or reveal en enemy in a keep or mage tower, and then decide to move some more.

One thing you cannot do is use the basic effect of a movement card, and then decide later to add a mana for the stronger effect. When you play a movement (or any) card, you must decide immediately whether to use the basic or stronger effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoa! Quick replies! Thanks everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
aliallison wrote:
One thing you cannot do is use the basic effect of a movement card, and then decide later to add a mana for the stronger effect. When you play a movement (or any) card, you must decide immediately whether to use the basic or stronger effect.

Subject to the rewind rules, of course. So as long as you didn't reveal a map tile or any enemies (or other new information) you could reverse the decision. But once new information is revealed then yes, your decision is final.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.