Brian Hall
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I'm extremely meticulous when removing cardboard pieces from punch out sheets. I'm also a Space Hulk player and have several editions, so I'm used to carefully punching out corridor pieces and tiles and I know to be careful before even starting.

Having said that, as careful as I was when tearing out the tiles for my brand new Castle Ravenloft game last night, 3 of the tiles had the paper backing tear. They basically stuck to the cardboard sheet frame and tore when I was removing the tile even though I was doing my best to avoid that very thing happening.

I've sent a support ticket to WotC and I'm waiting to hear back. My experience with their support has always been for regular D&D related questions, and they've always been very helpful, but how are they about tile replacements for brand new, just opened board games? I've read that they're good about replacing missing figures, but haven't seen much mention of tile replacements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Staples
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had good luck with them. I had a sheet in Drizzt that the entire backing was loose. They sent a brand new replacement sheet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
very good service
you'll probably get replacements
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hall
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, that's good to hear. I'm still waiting to hear back from them, so I'm hopeful that they'll take care of it without any fuss.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
United States
flag msg tools
You Greeks are always children!
badge
Jean Gabin in La Grande Illusion
mbmbmbmbmb
This happened with one of my WoA tiles. A little piece tore from the edge. I glued it back carefully and it blends right in.

But just to confirm with everyone and the OP: to limit tearing with the tiles you push out from the top down i.e., from playing side, not the "dungeon tile" side. Correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hall
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
August222 wrote:
But just to confirm with everyone and the OP: to limit tearing with the tiles you push out from the top down i.e., from playing side, not the "dungeon tile" side. Correct?

With my copies of Space Hulk, I always pushed up to try to prevent tearing on the playing surface side, but maybe going the other way is better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M S
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It depends on how they are pre-cut. If there cut all the way on one side (we'll call it the "front") and have a few spots where they are not cut on the other side (we'll call it the "back"). I have found pushing from front to back is the key.

If the attached spots are not cut at all from either side, I guess I would recommend carefully pushing from whichever side you would least mind if it tore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hall
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just heard back from WotC with an email saying that replacement tiles will be on the way within 7 to 10 days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deirdre Scolardi
United States
Holyoke
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had this same problem with one of my tiles from Ravenloft-- wasn't sure if I should contact them about ONE tile, but I keep my games in meticulous condition and honestly it seems as though the glue just didn't work to adhere to the backside of the tile. It's good to know that WotC has good customer service. I shall be contacting them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hall
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My replacement tiles came today. I was just expecting the two sheets that had the problems, but they sent me a full set of all of the tiles.

WotC has always had great customer service with the regular D&D stuff, and the board game customer service is just as good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.