Subject: Vampire Hunters "kickstarter April 2015" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Filippo Chirico
msg tools
designer
publisher
Hi there,

It's Filippo from the team of Dark Gate Games.
We are thrilled to announce the imminent launch of our board game, Vampire Hunters on kickstarter. We have played hundreds and hundreds of times, and we are having a blast!
The campaign will hit kickstarter on the second half of april.

THE GAME
Vampire Hunters is a cooperative board game for 1-4 players.
Take the role of a hunter against vampires!
Players must work together to complete 10 different missions, with 10 different maps, (made using the included modular maps tiles), using many powerful weapons and their special abilities.
Stay together to increase your attack and defense strength, be precise, be strong, but most of all be fast, because the night is coming.
In Vhunters, each player is always active during the game, thanks to the innovative system of artificial intelligence that controls the vampires.
When a hunter fights against an enemy and loses the match, this enemy deals a wound and moves to the next nearest hunter, that will immediately have to fight !
In Vampire Hunters, all the hunters will have to fight even if it's not their turn.
"YOU WILL ALWAYS BE IN THE GAME!"
Vampire Hunters the board game, has the fighting system: "The Attack Line"
With the attack line system, you'll feel the panic caused by a vampire running toward you, ready to dine on your blood.
The "attack line" in fact, simulates a vampire attack from a distance, with a combination of panic level increase, caused by the vampire reaching you, and the difficulty in aiming it.
Are you ready for the challenge? Ok let's go, it's time to kill some vampires!

ABOUT US
Dark Gate Games LLC is a company based in New York born to produce Board Games. A creative team of talented sculptors, writers, and 2d/3d artists, work together to bring to life exciting board games.
OUR GOAL: "To give gamers a unique experience every time they play"
OUR PHILOSOPHY: From gamers to gamers! As players we know exactly what we want to enjoy in a board game... you bet we put that fun into ours!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mirko Zennaro
Italy
Spinea
Venice
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking forward
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DGgames US wrote:
We are thrilled to announce the imminent launch of our board game, Vampire Hunters on kickstarter. We have played hundreds and hundreds of times, and we are having a blast!

That's great to hear. Looking forward to it. Have you done blind playtesting as well?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teong Teh
Malaysia
flag msg tools
Cant wait. Any dates?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Halverson
msg tools
looking forward to this. hope there is lots of great minis. hopefully if there is werewolves they are the bipedal kind. Love my werewolves on two legs. lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Logus Vile wrote:
DGgames US wrote:

That's great to hear. Looking forward to it. Have you done blind playtesting as well?

I second this question.

And while this is interesting as of now, im hopeful it will be different enough from Zcide to be worth having both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filippo Chirico
msg tools
designer
publisher
Sure! We are glad we did. It was very helpful for us to understand some little nuances we had left behind. Those who have tested the game really enjoyed the mechanics.
The main feedback we received is that once understood the AI of the vampires, which takes a few minutes, the game went on very smoothly.

No worries at all about Zcide! The mecanichics of the games are completely different!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DGgames US wrote:
Sure! We are glad we did. It was very helpful for us to understand some little nuances we had left behind. Those who have tested the game really enjoyed the mechanics.
The main feedback we received is that once understood the AI of the vampires, which takes a few minutes, the game went on very smoothly.

No worries at all about Zcide! The mecanichics of the games are completely different!

Look forward to seeing it then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DGgames US wrote:

Good to hear. Mechanics are what makes or breaks the game in the long run. You can add all the cool minis you want but if there's no game then it will slip away into obscurity.

That being said I am very intrigued by the Day and Night phases and the Panic mechanic. Will players turn into vampires as well?

P.S. if you add Werewolves to the mix... you will have ALL... MY... MONEY
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gaetano Punzo
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I expect so much from this game, traps, panic, night and day phases, modular map, full cooperative, amazing IA. I just can't wait until Ks release
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Logus Vile wrote:

P.S. if you add Werewolves to the mix... you will have ALL... MY... MONEY

This.
So much this.
For so many reasons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope the vampires sparkle.

I may be three days late with that comment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
I hope the vampires sparkle.

I may be three days late with that comment.

No.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that I, like I am sure alot of you here, like to vete a KS before backing.

So when I read this line:

OUR PHILOSOPHY: From gamers to gamers! As players we know exactly what we want to enjoy in a board game... you bet we put that fun into ours!

I expected to click on the OP's user profile and see that he has been on the Geek for a few years, with a collection of boardgames and maybe even some ratings. In this way I can see if my likes align and have a clear idea on the type of game we might have.

To see he only joined in January with no games listed in his collection makes me ask that beyond a marketing line, what type of gamer are you really? I totally understand that not every boardgamer fan is on the Geek, so I am really trying to find out the type of games you and your team enjoy, and what you think makes this game different from the others.

Jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good points, Jorune. I am way too afraid of another Myth but the theme here and potential is great!

EDIT: If this were like a Galaxy Defenders but with Vampires and Werewolves I would be so happy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Sibo
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Logus Vile wrote:
Good points, Jorune. I am way too afraid of another [thing=140519]Myth

Not sure I get this comment. Myth is into its 2nd KS and exceeded its $value from the first time round which shows that it is an extremely successful and popular system. The fact that the rules are into their V.2.0 edition shows commitment to the game and their players.

I'm loving the game and have it set up just about permanently on our dining room table and find it an excellent solo game as well as a brilliant co-op experience. If this game is half as good as Myth it will be a pretty decent game I would think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sibowitz wrote:
Logus Vile wrote:
Good points, Jorune. I am way too afraid of another [thing=140519]Myth

Not sure I get this comment. Myth is into its 2nd KS and exceeded its $value from the first time round which shows that it is an extremely successful and popular system. The fact that the rules are into their V.2.0 edition shows commitment to the game and their players.

I'm loving the game and have it set up just about permanently on our dining room table and find it an excellent solo game as well as a brilliant co-op experience. If this game is half as good as Myth it will be a pretty decent game I would think.

It's very simple really. I want a fully developed and functional game when I get it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Fennel

South Carolina
msg tools
Is there an official website for this game? Do we have a set date for the KS campaign yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Halverson
msg tools
Goes live tomorrow!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Live and Kickin'!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Gong
United States
Kingsburg
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just met its funding goal of $35k. So far, the only info we have about the game is in those videos. What killed Ghostbusters for me was the lack of information on gameplay and their overemphasis on minis.

I like minis too, but at the end of the day, it's the game that remains and stays with the player. Pieces of plastic come and go. Is the gameplay fun? Does it tell a story? How fiddly is the micromanagement? How is replayability beyond the planned 10 missions? Is there room for customization? How does the game scale with increased player count?

If they don't address these issues/questions, then don't be surprised if people start pulling out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick R. Nielsen-Doss
United States
Hudson Falls
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Their website is
http://www.darkgategames.com/
They have plenty of surprise in store from what I gather

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
azraelswrd wrote:
Just met its funding goal of $35k. So far, the only info we have about the game is in those videos. What killed Ghostbusters for me was the lack of information on gameplay and their overemphasis on minis.

I like minis too, but at the end of the day, it's the game that remains and stays with the player. Pieces of plastic come and go. Is the gameplay fun? Does it tell a story? How fiddly is the micromanagement? How is replayability beyond the planned 10 missions? Is there room for customization? How does the game scale with increased player count?

If they don't address these issues/questions, then don't be surprised if people start pulling out.

have you watched those videos from start to finish? I actually think there's a wealth of information on the core of the game there. I asked about the rulebook and they said it would post it soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
Have they said what material they're using for the miniatures yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Fennel

South Carolina
msg tools
They said the same material used on the Zombicide figures
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.