Marc Allie
United States
Bolivar
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I Was Geeky When Geeky Wasn't Cool
mbmbmbmbmb

I just posted a guide to making your own inexpensive but still awesome-looking board for use in Star Wars Armada and similar games. Besides the price, the best part is you can swap in different backgrounds depending on which game you want to play. I am planning to use a blue sky with clouds background for playing D&D Attack Wing, for example. Check it out if you are interested in something sturdier, modular, and half the price of the official FFG playmat.

The blog post can be found here. Thanks for reading and please let me know what you think!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Vulcan
United States
flag msg tools
Nice idea, but overall I am not a big fan of the wood boards. I would rather use plexy or plastic cut with a paint or fabric finish as the unfinished or fiber wood boards I find do not age well imo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dreadknot Knotdread
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great idea, very simple and easy to switch out. That's key for me as I play primarily D&D Attack Wing. Mind showing us the pattern you used for that one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Allie
United States
Bolivar
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I Was Geeky When Geeky Wasn't Cool
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is what I ended up with. I updated the original article here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.