Van Overbay
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is to clarify the rules concerning building vessels and replacing cards on the table with cards from your hand. Nothing really changed in this section, I've just rewritten them for clarity. See also what is a change to the discard phase below.

For the section beginning on page 5: A. ASSEMBLE UP TO THREE VESSELS.

• Only one captain, one crew card, and one set of great guns (4, 6, 8, 12 or 18-pounders) can reside aboard a vessel at any given time, yet these cards can be replaced multiple times during a single turn (see below). Some vessels can only accept certain sizes of great guns.

• A captain, great guns, and crew card can be placed aboard a vessel in any order, and a crew and vessel can be placed with a captain in any order. Great guns cannot be placed on the table unless they are put aboard a vessel.

• You can move cards between vessels that are not at sea, as long as they are moved to the same type of vessel (buccaneer to buccaneer or pirate to pirate) and meet the above requirements for assembling a vessel. You can also discard and/or replace any card from a vessel that is not at sea. This costs nothing and can be done multiple times during a single turn.

• Cards and booty cannot be moved between vessels that are at sea, and you can only upgrade or change cards on a vessel (or change a vessel card) that is at sea through the secondary bonus (plunder) of completing an attack (see Secondary Bonus on page 9).

• You can discard a complete vessel, including the captain, great guns and crew, regardless of whether it is at sea or not. This can be done multiple times during a single turn. Thiscan only be done during your Action phase, not during your Discard phase. One advantage of this is to get rid of multiples of the same type of card in your hand, but you must still pay for each card to be placed on the table. Another advantage is to clear one of the three slots beneath your attack row to build a better vessel (see the diagram on page 12).

For the section beginning on page 10:

G. PLAY WILD, HISTORY AND INSTANT CARDS. Wild and History cards can only be played during the Action phase of your own turn. To play a Wild card you must pay the cost shown in the bottom left of the card. Instants can be played at anytime during the game, in any number or combination, with certain restrictions. Wild and Instant cards can also be played on your own cards. For detailed information, see the sections on Wild, History and Instant cards beginning on page 22.

------------------------

I'm also making a change to the discard phase. This will posted as eratta and added to the game manual which will be v1.1. I will make the new game manual available for download on my site and here on BGG. I will also have just the affected pages for download as PDF. If you have the Limited Edition, I will send you printed pages to replace. For those with the kit, hi-res pages will be posted on my site. I will post the links shortly.

Here's the new text for the DISCARD PHASE:

5. DISCARD. During this phase you must discard one card from your hand and place it on the discard pile. This costs nothing and even if you can play all of the cards in your hand during a single turn, you must keep one card to discard. You also have the option to discard up to two more cards from your hand by paying two pieces of eight each.

Thanks for your input.

—Vanderdecken

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.