Popular Tags: [View All]
David Fuga
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Can a just purchased law card be played straight away as soon as you get it? thanks David.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teacher Fletcher
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless it specifically says otherwise on the text (ie, "Play during phase one",) then yes, you can play the law card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fuga
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for reply, I am happy with that answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Webb
United States
Western Mitten
flag msg tools
designer
badge
GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, and this is from memory, I thought there was a rule in the book that specifically states that you must wait until your next turn to play a law card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Young
Wales
Wellesley
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
And if you never have, you should. These things are fun and fun is good.
mbmbmbmbmb
Once a player buys a law card he is not allowed to perform any other actions during phase 3 (while the workers ponder its implications) accept to play that law card (if allowed per its text). Some must be delcared to players so it must be played right away. You can only buy 1 law card of course.

devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CortexBomb wrote:
Actually, and this is from memory, I thought there was a rule in the book that specifically states that you must wait until your next turn to play a law card.

This is the truth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Aguila
Chile
Puerto Montt
Chile
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CortexBomb wrote:

Not exactly!

Rules:
Quote:
Therefore, after a player has procured a new law card the player may not perform any further actions (except to play a law card in accordance with the instructions on that law card) during phase three of the round in which the new law card was procured.

So, if the law card permit it, you can use it immediately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.